Question New Build, filling in the blanks.

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Hello guys,

I'm looking for pointers on a system I'm putting together.
The requirements are. Compact, with name-brand components, as low budget as possible without skimping badly on quality and within the parameters below. There's no real budget, but it will be dismissed if he isn't satisfied with the price.

Known hardware:
CPU: Intel i9-9900KF
SSD: Samsung M.2 PM981 512GB

Partially known hardware:
CASE: Mini ATX, Noise-dampening and as neutral looking as possible, at a reasonable price.(No glass or lights)
MOBO: Mini ATX with room for the hardware specified.
CPU Cooler: Silent as possible, OC unlikely, and if it will be, they know the limitations of the hardware.
GPU: Nvidia GTX2070 (version unknown, budget)
RAM: 32GB DDR4, (2133MHz or more)
PSU: 450W-500W, as silent as possible

No additional drives will be installed, everything else is already owned.

I hope you can help me out. Would be appreciated.

EDIT: Amended requirements.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
The i9 should be shot downt he moment you bring an itx build into the same picture. We'll need some more info on what the Electronics Development Company will be dealing with, apps and tasks wise, since your build looks more like a gaming system than a productivity machine.

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I disagree that itx and i9 excludes one another. It's a 65W Processor, it won't produce a lot of heat.
There are also several motherboards available with the supported chipsets in itx dimensions.

The build has the same requirements a gaming PC would have. No further deliberation should be necessary than the details I've already given. The CPU, GPU-chipset, RAM size, SSD and tower size are not up for debate. They are listed to make it easier to fill in the blanks.

I appreciate that you want more details, but in this case there are none.

EDIT: I will however change the requirements if it is confusing that a gaming PC is the best option for a workstation.. aand done.

Last edited: