[SOLVED] New Build for my Niece...

Mar 5, 2021
Hey everyone, day was going well after a love/hate relationship with cable management at the end. 🤣 I am currently building my niece a computer for college, streaming, basic gaming. This is the build...

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Wifi
Ryzen 7 3700X (With Wraith RGB Fan/Cooler)
Lian Li Lancool Mesh II White Tower
(Triple RGB Fan)
EVGA 750W Fully-Modular PSU
Triple AsiaHorse FS-S001 RGB
AsiaHorse Baby Blue extension cables
R9 390 Gaming 8Gb
G. SKILLS Trident RGB 16Gbs 3200 (8x2)
Samsung 970 Evo M.2 500Gb

Well... Everything is installed and now repiecing things here and there. First the fans did not work for the Lancool Mesh II but the RGB did. Then I found out that you 100% can hook up a 3-pin to a 4-pin Fan header because your only pulling 5V out of the 12v. So the fans work and glow. The Asiahorse fans work and glow. All the Color/Mode switches work as well. Then fan on the CPU and PSU work too. So all fans work and that is solved. Definately looks kool, have the air input in the front and export through the resr and top, PSU has a bottom vent for its export.

It does power on but the reset switch does not work. Kinda confused on how and when I hold the power it flashes but does not do a hard reset either. I have not posted yet but found out why, which I will explain below.

The GPU LEDs work but not the card or fans itself. I have repasted and put new thermal pads before this, so I know thats not the issue. The connectors are plugged in. The 6-pin is a straight 6-pin, the 8-pin is a 6+2 pin which might be an issue. Do I really need a straight 8-pin to 8-pin? Or can I do a 8-pin on graphics and 2 4+4-pin into the PSU? If by chance it is crapped out, I do have two GTX 760's 2GB's with an SLI bridge as backup till I get a decent GPU.

The DRAM is lit up but the RGB works on the Trident's, but there can't be a post because the Ryzen 7 3700x does not have intergrated graphics, so have to fix that problem first. Thinking if I just update the bios or Q-Flash it, should be fine.

I'll send pictures tomorrow but my main questions...
Reset switch (Not working)
GPU pin difference (8 / 6+2 / 4+4 or reverse to PSU)
DRAM lit, Trident RGB lit.

Any ideas for now without testing for post tomorrow morning?

Solution
Updated...

The first board had a problem with the q-Flash button, returned it and the new board works perfectly after q-flashing. Now just need to do some cable management. This is solved and done.
Mar 5, 2021
Also put magnets on the glass to easily open the sides without taking off the front panel. Review on this case is amazing though, I love the airflow options, huge amount of space, separate space for PSU and awesome cable management options for the rear. (Aside from the one issue with the Reset switch, lol)

Mar 5, 2021
Update...
Reset button does work now, was in wrong pin. Simple fix.
GPU GTX 760s fans turn on, no display.
R9 390 fans do not turn on, leds work, no display.
Also tried multiple PSU cables, same diagnostic.
DRAM light on with single or dual channel.
Auto resets by LED lights indicating this.
No way to do onboard graphics because AMD sucks and only made like 7 chips or so with it, so thats out of the question.

My next step is getting a 32 gb usb, formating to Fat32 and Flashing the bios without post. Found out it can be done with specific motherboards, which the Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro Wifi has. Yes, also found loads of people having problems with this motherboard but after the flash usually it fixes majority of compatibility issues. Hoping thats all it is.

Mar 5, 2021
You can't get a display on the onboard graphics because the CPU does not have intergrated graphics. Right now I'm trying to Q-Flash it, took everything out except for the PSU connections and board blinks but when I hit the q-flash button nothing happens. No led light.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Mar 5, 2021
I'm doing my final attempt today for q-flashing this board, also read dozens upon dozens a people had this problem with these boards. So after this going back to microcenter to exchange it for another one. 🙄hate how everything works except this one thing, which is halting my continuance of finishing this project.

Mar 5, 2021
Updated...

The first board had a problem with the q-Flash button, returned it and the new board works perfectly after q-flashing. Now just need to do some cable management. This is solved and done.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution