Question New Build freezing and randomly rebooting

Jun 2, 2019
I just built a new build and I now can not get it to take an OS install, whenever I try it will either freeze, black screen and freeze or restart itself before it has finished the first stage sending me back to the very beginning.

Things I have already tried:

Removing the ram and trying each stick individually and in different slots.

Monitoring the temps(never read a temperature higher than 41) double checked the cooler just in case.

Flashing the bios to the newest it will accept. (This had the most success to date and allowed me to get to the second stage of install, and almost entirely removed the freeze leaving me only with the black screen and random restart)

I have also tried using different HDDs and SSDs just in case they were the issue.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Build specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x
B450 M aorus
16GB 2400mhz Ram
CX 600 PSU

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
I just built a new build and I now can not get it to take an OS install, whenever I try it will either freeze, black screen and freeze or restart itself before it has finished the first stage sending me back to the very beginning.

Things I have already tried:

Removing the ram and trying each stick individually and in different slots.

Monitoring the temps(never read a temperature higher than 41) double checked the cooler just in case.

Flashing the bios to the newest it will accept. (This had the most success to date and allowed me to get to the second stage of install, and almost entirely removed the freeze leaving me only with the black screen and random restart)

I have also tried using different HDDs and SSDs just in case they were the issue.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Build specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x
B450 M aorus
16GB 2400mhz Ram
CX 600 PSU

It could be possible that your Installation media for Windows is corrupt or bad. If you are using USB I suggest trying to format the USB and try to put Windows back on it. If that does not work then try a Live Linux test like Linux Mint (Looks similar to Windows). Or I doubt it but your Sata cables could be bad, if they came from the Mobo box then these are usually bottom barrel cables and can sometimes not work.

Contact me if you need more help.

Jun 2, 2019
It could be possible that your Installation media for Windows is corrupt or bad. If you are using USB I suggest trying to format the USB and try to put Windows back on it. If that does not work then try a Live Linux test like Linux Mint (Looks similar to Windows). Or I doubt it but your Sata cables could be bad, if they came from the Mobo box then these are usually bottom barrel cables and can sometimes not work.

Contact me if you need more help.

I’ve already tried different usbs with different OS on, the first thing I tried to put on was bodhi Linux although that was more because I’d forgotten I have my old windows usb away. I’ve tried creating new usbs for both windows and Ubuntu.

The SATA cables are all ones I had previously bought individually.