Question New Build has some display issues ?

May 20, 2024
Hello!

I just built a brand new PC and I am having some issues involving the Display.

Problem: I was having screen freezing and lock up issues where everything would stop and then my monitor would go dark when left idle. NEver from out of sleep mode only when just left alone and open. I understand this was happening to some other NVIDIA cards so following this thread (Here) I changed my NVIDIA to performance mode. I have not had the same issue but now other things are popping up and im afraid to test it further. The new issue is im simply watching Netflix and there are black squares appearing over a majority of the video and even in some instances it just blinks black and returns. Any help on understanding whats happening and getting this machine back up to full speed would be great.

Before changing to performance mode I was able to play games like ghost of Tsushima and Baldurs gate without any issues at their maximum allowed settings. I have yet to perform a new test playing those games to see if there were any persistent issues.

Is this a Netflix Issue?
Is this a GPU Issue?
Power?

(edit)
UPDATE!

The freezing crash thing just happened. I was just idle watching a show in a browser and everything stopped. The screen remained still there was no mouse movement I could not Ctrl Alt Delete. The thing I found interesting is that the fans are still spinning BUT the digital image on the ROG cooler was also frozen most likely because its controlled through armoury crate which stopped working. Im assuming

Build:

CPU: Intel i7 - 14700K
GPU: Asus TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super
MEMORY: 32 GB DDR5 Corsair Ram
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi LGA 1700
Storage: Westen Digital 2TB NVME (OS), Samsung 2TB NVME (Storage)
PSU: 1000W Gold ASUS ROG STRIX
COOLING: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB
MONITOR: 49" ODDYSSEY CRG9 DQHD 120HZ HDR1000 QLED Curved Gaming Monitor

The components are arranged in an inverted configuration due to my inverted PC Case.
XPD Is enabled.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you install the OS in offline mode? If not, use DDU to remove all your GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall with the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

The components are arranged in an inverted configuration due to my inverted PC Case.
Which would be?

May 20, 2024
UPDATE!

The freezing crash thing just happened. I was just idle watching a show in a browser and everything stopped. The screen remained still there was no mouse movement I could not Ctrl Alt Delete. The thing I found interesting is that the fans are still spinning BUT the digital image on the ROG cooler was also frozen most likely because its controlled through armoury crate which stopped working. Im assuming

May 20, 2024
Today I learned about DDU and used it to scrub and remove all the Nvidia drivers from my PC. I followed the instructions of doing so in safe mode and without the internet plugged in to achieve that. Please let me know what I should be looking at next.

I just realized I didnt full answer your question. The inversion is just that everything in the case is upside down unlike a typical care because its inverted. I wanted to be transparent with all the information involving this build so that no stone would be left unturned.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024
I have updated the chipset driver but I have never updated the bios I literally built this PC last week. When I built the rig last week I made sure to download the drivers for everything I just dont know what the bios update would be or how to do it.

I just did the intel one today I will keep updates on what happens there.

dcvikes

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I was in that original thread you linked. Intel is having a widepread issue with Z790 motherboards BIOS versions being overclocked by default even when merely optimized defaults are set. Asus, MSI, Gigabyte were all affected, and to a lesser extent, ASrock, After several prominent youtubers exposed the faulty BIOS settings that jacked up heat and voltages to get better scores to compete with AMD's AM5 processors -- (causing BSOD's and freezing issues), Intel was forced to then force the motherboard companies to roll out 'actual' stock BIOS voltage and power handling characteristics in some of the new BIOS updates. So you might look into that once you have exhausted other tech measures.

May 20, 2024
More issues are mounting and I would appreciate anyone's response. Now the ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB is no longer showing an image on it. It is one that shows an image on the unit that is attached tot he CPU. So the animated image is no longer showing.

The only good news is that the BIOS is showing that the radiator is still working. But there seems to be more things happening each day this goes on.

May 20, 2024
UPDATE

Its been crashing or freezing up steadily all week must only today did it happen while I was actually using it. Mostly the issue occurs when I am not using the machine. Today I was just browning a folder my music stopped, the lights on my keyboard and my microphone both stopped showing. The screen was on and showed what I had been working on but it didnt show any movement of my mouse or any kind of interaction. All my case lighting and fans remained on. My mic is a touch to talk so I toggled it a few times and could hear the mic cueing in but the lights remained down. I still dont know if things are working or not.