[SOLVED] New Build - Hellp

stinkyweed

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I put together my pc and all went well aside from a bad H150i I had to return. The trouble I'm having is it doesnt boot all of the time and I get an error messages. Saying it didn't boot properly... I'll link pictures of both. Let me know if this is how my drive is supposed to look in bios. It doesn't look right to me at all. Says windows boot manager then the name of my SSD

Specs

I9-11900k
Gigabyte z590 UD AC REV 1.1
Samsung Pro 980 M.2

https://ibb.co/0Mytyn3

I have the M.2 in the top Slot labeled M2P_CPU which I know is only for 11th gen CPU's which is what I have.

Please help . Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
Perhaps you could try changing the Fast Boot setting to its slowest setting. And yes, microsoft now likes its disks to be labelled Windows Boot Manager, so that would be correct.

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
I put together my pc and all went well aside from a bad H150i I had to return. The trouble I'm having is it doesnt boot all of the time and I get an error messages. Saying it didn't boot properly... I'll link pictures of both. Let me know if this is how my drive is supposed to look in bios. It doesn't look right to me at all. Says windows boot manager then the name of my SSD

Specs

I9-11900k
Gigabyte z590 UD AC REV 1.1
Samsung Pro 980 M.2

https://ibb.co/0Mytyn3

I have the M.2 in the top Slot labeled M2P_CPU which I know is only for 11th gen CPU's which is what I have.

Please help . Thanks

I can think of 3 possibilities...

1. Bad Mobo
  2. Bad M.2 Drive
  3. Corrupt Windows Install

I would take out the M.2 and put it back in, if you haven't already. Second try a Install Repair. If those things don't work then try the M.2 in another system. If the drive then boots fine then it's the Mobo.

stinkyweed

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I can think of 3 possibilities...

1. Bad Mobo
  2. Bad M.2 Drive
  3. Corrupt Windows Install
I would take out the M.2 and put it back in, if you haven't already. Second try a Install Repair. If those things don't work then try the M.2 in another system. If the drive then boots fine then it's the Mobo.

Is it supposed to be labeled Windows Boot manager like that?