Question New Build Help. Asus Z690 ROG Strix Wi-fi bios update

PackingProtons

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2016
hello,

I bought two of these boards recently.
ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme(WiFi 6E)LGA 1700(Intel 12th Gen)EATX gaming motherboard(PCIe5.0,DDR5,24+1 power stages,5x M.2,PCIe 5.0 M.2,10Gb&2.5GbLAN,2xThunderbolt 4,PCIe 5.0 Hyper M.2 card bundled)

One was for work, one was for home. They both need abios update to accept 13th gen cpus'. The one at work went perfectly. took all of 7 minutes to do and I was up and running. The one at home, not so much.

First time, it looked like it was going to work. but when I came back after 7 minutes, the blue flashback light stopped blinking and stayed on. Update did not complete was on the display. Tried two different sticks, formatted to fat 32 and it didn't even take more than 5 seconds before the did not complete came up. any ideas?

any way to factory reset the board so I can try again?

lord.patrick

Reputable
May 21, 2018
Not sure if this will help you but I recently had the same issue with my motherboard: ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA

Reading the manual carefully, I saw this: " We recommend you to use a USB 2.0 storage device"

Believe it or not, this actually worked.

I had to do it this way because I had sort of bricked the mobo by updating the "ME Update Tool" as it appears on the Armoury Crate app - DO NOT DO THIS, it WILL kill your BIOS.

TRENDING THREADS