New build help

WolFuk

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
Hi,
Looking to do a new complete build. Been away from PC building and gaming for some time due to a few years console bashing. But have missed so much from PC that I've decided to return to PC gaming. My system became a family PC with some odd lite gaming quite old build but has actually performed ok for its age. Was holding out for Ryzen etc just to see if it would give me better value for my new build be it AMD or Intel build. But I'm also not sure if the wait is going to have the great effect for me, especially with some deals ive seen popping up.

Current PC :
Asus M4A79T Deluxe
AMD phenom 9750 quad-core 2.41ghz
8gb memory
PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 (Tahiti LE) 2GB Myst
2x 64gb ssd 1x2tb sata hdd
corsair tx750w psu
Zalman Z3+plus
SyncMaster 2443 monitor

So new build would look like.
MSI Z170A TOMAHAWK Intel Socket 1151 Motherboard + Free Cooler Master Seidon 120V V3 Plus All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler price £114.99
Intel Core Skylake Processor i5-6500/3.2 GHz Processor CPU price £184.99
Night Hawk LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit price £79.99
Thermaltake View 27 price £68.38
SANDISK SSD PLUS Solid State Drive 240GB price £55.95 for OS
EVGA 650 GQ 650W Modular PSU 80+ Gold price £85.58
and add the sata 2tb from above for larger files and a ssd from above for most played games.

Total without card £589.88

Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 8GB AMD Graphics Card price £209.99

or give me a card ; )

WolFuk

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
So does this system build look good for the price?
Can anyone recommend the Tomahawk Mobo, or maybe I should spend a little more on the board. maybe a gigabyte gaming or did look at asrock Fatal1ty.
Also the 480 or should I look at 1060, from what I read not huge amounts between them and can be more personal preference for the price tags or which is cheaper at the time. Just wanted to make sure it was a good system for budget and like I say would I notice a difference waiting for Ryzen etc at this budget.....

So the new build is plenty and you should be golden. You have respectable brands. Also you have an upgrade path. The 480 8GB at that price is also a steal. A 1060 will probably cost 249 (that's what mine cost in the US). Either way, both cards are similar in their own way. I would suggest not letting any derail from this build as it has a lot of bonuses and the price is right. I would hop on that quickly before it goes away. Again, that build is golden and prices are right. You should be able to max any game on 1080p and get respectable frames.

WolFuk

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
"Upgrade path" is what I was aiming for...
Was looking at £800 budget give or take. Less take though as I could soon spiral and go silly.
Was hoping the build a good starting point that would last me a while and upgrades over time would Keep me rocking.
Is i5 6500 enough to start, choose it as almost £50 cheaper than the 6600k and like you stated an Upgrade path is set.

For what you are aiming for, the i5-6500 is good enough. Then in the future, you could get an i7-6700K, overclocked and really have a beneficial computer. But for now, it is the perfect starting point.

WolFuk

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

Thanks mate, exactly what I was looking at. Future i7 upgrade and top line GPU etc.
Just think I needed the Nudge to press the trigger.

WolFuk

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
Hi again,

So I jumped on the offers or at least some of them that I listed. but when coming to buy the cpu and mobo, Kabylake was released so it totally messed my head and brought me to a halt.
So here's how far I got......

Thermaltake view 27 case £61.50
16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LED, PC4-24000 (3000) £89.99
8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 480 NITRO+, 14nm Polaris, PCIe 3.0, 8000MHz GDDR5, £209.99
650W Corsair RM650x, 80 PLUS Gold, Fully Modular, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 54A +12V, 1x135mm Fan, £84.98

Due to some prices and shipping to have from same supplier I made a few changes like Mem and PSU, but I thought they were bargains too. but my build halted due to Kabylake coming out sooner lol. Just as I was preparing to pull the trigger on the rest of my build, one site updated their store to include Kabylake gear. So it got my head spinning. I had to go away for a few days anyway so gave me thinking time, but on return I'm still no further forward on what to do.
Hence a repost ......
If I continue Intel route then I'm thinking I5 7600K, or should I hold off and see if prices drop on the Skylake's ?????
Definitely Z270 Board due to compatible Skylake/ Kabylake cpu's, so an upgrade route in place even from a Skylake (if I were to go that way).
And was going to do a custom water cooling setup on the CPU, got the gull door case so why not do some aesthetics lol.

Or just hold of a little longer for AMD release ???? (if it's not too far away :s)

Well, AMD released some good info about Ryzen, but nothing confirmed yet. Also no date or price. At least with Kaby Lake, we have benchmarks, prices, and availaibity. So if I were you, I would get the Z270, and a 7600K if you can. It will only give you a 5 to 10% increase over Skylake, but you are definitely future proof.

Maybe AMD finally learned how to make each core count instead of just adding them. But again, we don't know for sure, as we just seen demos. Just my recommendation, though.

WolFuk

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

Hi again ;)
Yeah been watching with greater anticipation. But would be better to get some unbiased review and benchmarks.

Ok so going on silly whim I was basketing the Gigabyte gaming 7 mobo but with a heavy price tag at around £230.
is there a recommendation for £100 - £150 something that not undercutting performance too much or maybe the Gaming 5 would be better but again I'm looking at around £170. Basically would prefer to be in the previouse stated price range and something aesthetically pleasing with good performance being I have that big gull wing door for viewing purposes. And the saving's would go on a custom Watercool rather than an AIO as previousely posted.
If I can save the £'s to my initial choice/ the Gaming 7,

Honestly, I would just get the Gaming 5. I have the Gaming 3, and I don't need to update and replace it. It does what it's supoose to do.