New build, insights?

The 8700k does not even come with a stock cooler.

I would checkout the Cryorig H5. It is a good air cooler for a decent price.

Also, you don't need a 850 watt PSU for that build. 750 watts will be plenty, so I would not spend much more for the extra 100 watts that you wont use.

alanps

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

I'll add a few led strips and maybe another GPU in the future, that's what the extra 100 watts are for. My case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M-TemperedGlass.html)

Which one would you recommend me? I didn't know there was different kinds of m.2 drives lol
The 960 EVO NVME is +$50, is not much.

My case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M-TemperedGlass.html)

-

Thank you all!

alanps

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I was wondering, would be better to get a Corsair H80i v2 Exteme Liquid (around $100 on Amazon) instead of a Corsair Air Series A50 cooler ($180)?
Probably I should search for a better air cooler, a Noctua for example. But it surprised me that a WC like the H80i (small though) was so cheap.

Nice case, the specs say you can use a cooler up to 194mm tall.

FWIW:
My canned rant on liquid cooling:
------------------------start of rant-------------------
You buy a liquid cooler to be able to extract an extra multiplier or two out of your OC.
How much do you really need?
I do not much like all in one liquid coolers when a good air cooler like a Noctua or phanteks can do the job just as well.
A liquid cooler will be expensive, noisy, less reliable, and will not cool any better
in a well ventilated case.
Liquid cooling is really air cooling, it just puts the heat exchange in a different place.
The orientation of the radiator will cause a problem.
If you orient it to take in cool air from the outside, you will cool the cpu better, but the hot air then circulates inside the case heating up the graphics card and motherboard.
If you orient it to exhaust(which I think is better) , then your cpu cooling will be less effective because it uses pre heated case air.
Past that, A AIO radiator complicates creating a positive pressure filtered cooling setup which can keep your parts clean.
And... I have read too many tales of woe when a liquid cooler leaks.
Google for AIO leaks to see what can happen.
While unlikely, leaks do happen.

I would support an AIO cooler primarily in a space restricted case.
If one puts looks over function, that is a personal thing; not for me though.
-----------------------end of rant--------------------------

Your pc will be quieter, more reliable, and will be cooled equally well with a decent air cooler.

alanps

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

I agree, mainly because of the price difference, an air cooler will do just fine.

Regarding leaks, I've read about that too but I've seen countless times on Reddit that Corsair covers any damage (though warranty doesn't say anything about it). Besides, I'm pretty sure risk of leak it's less than 1%.