[SOLVED] New Build - Is running but No Display(HELP)

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
Hi, so I have a brand new build with literally all new components(will list below) -

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Noctua NH-AM4 chromax.Black CPU Cooler
RTX 3060 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 12GB(REV 2.0)
OLOy RAM DDR4 (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16
WD_Black 1TB SN750 NVME SSD
WD_Black 2TB HDD 7200RPM
APEVIA ATX-PR800W 800W 80+Gold Power Supply
ASRock B450M/ac (REV 2.0)Motherboard
GIM PSU Cable Extension Kit (White)

All the components are brand new except for the motherboard which is about 2 months old only and I purchased from my friend.

Me and him have tried taking out the CMOS battery and waiting up to 10 minutes then put it back in - didn’t work
We tried holding the power button for 3,5,10 & 20+ seconds at a time
We tried all different RAM DIMM slots with 2 separate types of RAM
We tried 2 separate power supplies but will be sticking with the one I listed as the other one was only 500W
We tried the 2 different slots for the GPU on the motherboard
We tried both DisplayPorts on GPU & both HDMI slots on GPU as well

The ASUS 165hz gaming monitor I have is brand new just opened - Turns on and works fine & we tried the PC on another monitor too and doesn’t work on there as well
We also tried applying a new coat of thermal paste to the CPU and put the cooler back on too and that didn’t work (the temps are insanely cool as I have 5-6 fans including x2 140mm NZXT fans then 3 Cyberpower fans then the cpu cooler)
Everything is plugged in correctly and set in the motherboard firmly 1000%

I’m clueless now as to why it is saying no signal on multiple displays… If anyone can please HELP!!! thank you!

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Hi, so I have a brand new build with literally all new components(will list below) -

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Noctua NH-AM4 chromax.Black CPU Cooler
RTX 3060 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 12GB(REV 2.0)
OLOy RAM DDR4 (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16
WD_Black 1TB SN750 NVME SSD
WD_Black 2TB HDD 7200RPM
APEVIA ATX-PR800W 800W 80+Gold Power Supply
ASRock B450M/ac (REV 2.0)Motherboard
GIM PSU Cable Extension Kit (White)

All the components are brand new except for the motherboard which is about 2 months old only and I purchased from my friend.

Me and him have tried taking out the CMOS battery and waiting up to 10 minutes then put it back in - didn’t work
We tried holding the power button for 3,5,10 & 20+ seconds at a time
We tried all different RAM DIMM slots with 2 separate types of RAM
We tried 2 separate power supplies but will be sticking with the one I listed as the other one was only 500W
We tried the 2 different slots for the GPU on the motherboard
We tried both DisplayPorts on GPU & both HDMI slots on GPU as well

The ASUS 165hz gaming monitor I have is brand new just opened - Turns on and works fine & we tried the PC on another monitor too and doesn’t work on there as well
We also tried applying a new coat of thermal paste to the CPU and put the cooler back on too and that didn’t work (the temps are insanely cool as I have 5-6 fans including x2 140mm NZXT fans then 3 Cyberpower fans then the cpu cooler)
Everything is plugged in correctly and set in the motherboard firmly 1000%

I’m clueless now as to why it is saying no signal on multiple displays… If anyone can please HELP!!! thank you!
You should check the pins under the CPU, they sometimes (rarely) come damaged or bent.

larkspur

Distinguished
Does your friend (or anyone else you know) have a Zen 2 or older CPU that you can install? You need to rule out whether the motherboard came with a BIOS version that is compatible with your Zen 3 5600X. Not all of them do. The older CPU can be used to update the BIOS to the newest version which will be compatible with the 5600X. And, as others have said, don't use PSU extension cables.

Reactions: DirtySZN

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
As already mentioned, I imagine your motherboard needs a BIOS update in order to run the 5600X, unfortunately, unless Im mistaken, your board doesnt have BIOS Flash so you will need a previous generation CPU in order to update.
So is there anyway I could do this without taking it to a computer shop locally? I don’t have another cpu/another gaming PC at the moment… Will I have to buy one if I want to do this on my own or should I just have it professionally handled and pay the cost ? Thanks

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
Does your friend (or anyone else you know) have a Zen 2 or older CPU that you can install? You need to rule out whether the motherboard came with a BIOS version that is compatible with your Zen 3 5600X. Not all of them do. The older CPU can be used to update the BIOS to the newest version which will be compatible with the 5600X. And, as others have said, don't use PSU extension cables.
My friend does not, no. I don’t have another gaming PC either unfortunately… So do I have to take it to be handled professionally at a computer shop? Or do I have to just buy a different cpu ? I’m not too familiar with this process if you could really help me here, thank you!

Ralston18

Titan
There are still things you can test and try before taking the computer to a shop.

This motherboard (do verify that I found the correct User Guide/Manual)?

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450Mac.pdf

Clear CMOS using the jumper process shown on physically numbered Page 28. Read carefully.

= = = =

Try booting into safe mode.

If that does not work then use the other monitor to boot up.

Turn off all overclockings.

Turn off all power savers,

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

DISM Overview | Microsoft Docs

Reactions: DirtySZN