[SOLVED] New Build keeps booting into BIOS?

May 19, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
Specs:
AMD AM4 Gigabyte B450M DS3H MoBo
Ryzen 7 3700x CPU
GeForce RTX 2060 GPU
x2 4gb Ripjaw RAM
EVGA 500b PSU(Only reused part from previous build)

Yeah so after setting everything up and firing it up, My of doesn’t boot windows or anything only the Gigabyte MoBo screen.

1. I tried each RAM stick individually but nothing changed.
  2. Re-seat the GPU and CPU, no change
  3. Make sure all connectors are in right place and firmly

I read that this could be because of a bad MoBo,Ram stick, GPU, or PSU. But before I go an buy a PSU I want to try to describe the differences between what I see on my MoBo screen vs the MoBo screen of the person showing a fix.

I don’t have boot options 1-4 etc, I don’t have ‘Integral graphics’ option under Chipset category so i am unable to use the onboard graphics to try to fix this. (A fix to this is needed to I suppose)

So any more tips for me before I spend more money? Is it the PSU MOBo???

Solution
The BIOS does support the 3700x or you would Not be able to boot into the BIOS.
But, you may want to update it to the newest BIOS version for your MB:
F50
  1. Update AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B
  2. Improve system boot time
  3. Improve RAID function compatibility
  4. Improve PCIe device compatibility
Note: Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 description

From here:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

And the CPU and RAM And GPU are all working or the PC would Not boot into the BIOS at all.
Your CPU does NOT have integrated graphics so there is no reason for there to be an integrated graphics option in the BIOS.

As for the...
May 19, 2020
Specs:
AMD AM4 Gigabyte B450M DS3H MoBo
Ryzen 7 3700x CPU
GeForce RTX 2060 GPU
x2 4gb Ripjaw RAM
EVGA 500b PSU(Only reused part from previous build)

Yeah so after setting everything up and firing it up, My of doesn’t boot windows or anything only the Gigabyte MoBo screen.

1. I tried each RAM stick individually but nothing changed.
  2. Re-seat the GPU and CPU, no change
  3. Make sure all connectors are in right place and firmly
I read that this could be because of a bad MoBo,Ram stick, GPU, or PSU. But before I go an buy a PSU I want to try to describe the differences between what I see on my MoBo screen vs the MoBo screen of the person showing a fix.

I don’t have boot options 1-4 etc, I don’t have ‘Integral graphics’ option under Chipset category so i am unable to use the onboard graphics to try to fix this. (A fix to this is needed to I suppose)

So any more tips for me before I spend more money? Is it the PSU MOBo???

I have no idea why this would be a PSU problem.

It sounds like you can actually get into the BIOS, right?

If you don't have boot options, it's because it doesn't see your boot devices. If you want to see what error there actually is, you need to disable "Full Screen LOGO show:,

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
The BIOS does support the 3700x or you would Not be able to boot into the BIOS.
But, you may want to update it to the newest BIOS version for your MB:
F50
  1. Update AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B
  2. Improve system boot time
  3. Improve RAID function compatibility
  4. Improve PCIe device compatibility
Note: Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 description

From here:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

And the CPU and RAM And GPU are all working or the PC would Not boot into the BIOS at all.
Your CPU does NOT have integrated graphics so there is no reason for there to be an integrated graphics option in the BIOS.

As for the HDD/SSD not being recognized:
What HDD or SSD do you have and what SATA port is it plugged into ?
If it's an M.2 SSD what type is it, m.2 SATA or m.2 PCIE ?

Also Screenshots of the various BIOS screens would help us figure out your issue.
Shots of the BIOS Tab, System Tab and MIT Tab for starters.
Usually you can insert an FAT32 formatted USB stick into any USB port and hit F12 in the BIOS to take a screen shot.
Then upload the screens to:
https://imgur.com

That way we can see what is and is not going on.

Last edited:
Solution
May 19, 2020
Okay
As for the HDD/SSD not being recognized:
What HDD or SSD do you have and what SATA port is it plugged into ?
If it's an M.2 SSD what type is it, m.2 SATA or m.2 PCIE ?

Okay so I fixed the issue, my hard drive simply was not plugged into the motherboard.
Now that I’ve done this, my next problem is getting the “ reboot and select proper boot device “. I tried replugging SATA cables,
I went into Bios and I now have 1 boot option which is my 1 and only HDD installed. However I still get the same error after saving and exiting. Ideas?

Edit: HDD is a WD blue 1TB brand new
Edit edit: SATA/M.2 | SATA 3/ M.2 for SSD(I don’t know what this means exactly I’m reading it off the box label but I’m sure that may help. Thx)

Last edited: