Question New build no boot

Jun 11, 2022
I went through the checklist on here and some in other websites. Everything is plugged in and fully seated. All fans spin and power is being applied to the components.

I also bought a new monitor for this build (I was going from 1080 to 4k). I tried my old working monitor and no dice.

CPU: 12900k
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z690F gaming wifi
Cooler: Corsair h100i
RAM: Corsair vengeance DDR5 5200 16gb x2
Graphics: Gigabyte 3080ti
PSU: Corsair cx850m (2 years old from last gpu upgrade)

I went step by step. Tried the onboard graphics HDMI port. Removed the graphics card. Then the m2 drive. Then the ssd.

I’m down to just the motherboard, cpu, cooler, and ram now and still it won’t boot. I tried each stick by itself too. My psu has only 1 8 pin connector for the cpu and the motherboard has 2. I tried in both locations. The manual says just 1 is fine.

I am legit out of options now. My old system is not compatible with the new hardware so I can’t test with that. Should I waste money taking it to Best Buy or just start returning things and pray the new parts work 🤷🏼‍♂️

Jun 11, 2022
Known good power supply. I also bought new motherboard cpu ram and power supply and it still doesn’t work. How the <Mod Edit> am I supposed to figure this out?

Last edited by a moderator: