Question New Build no display

Braeden_3

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016
My pc was damaged by water, Ordered a new GPU, PSU, and motherboard. Build went smoothly, but I will not get a display, I have tried 3 sets of ram, tried DVI port on motherboard with GPU removed, put GPU in and tried HDMI port. Made sure all standoffs were good. Went through cabling multiple times. The motherboard I ordered is a ASROCK z370/OEM remanufactured an I have an I5-8600k.
The pc stays on fine, no shutting down. If the CPU was also damaged by water wouldn't the computer not start, or could that be the root of my no display.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Loads of questions....

How was it water damaged?
Was it powered on while the water damage happened? Attempt to power on after water damage and before complete disassy. and dry?

What methods did you use to determine the "good" parts left from said water damage?

In a nutshell. Water doesn't particularly damage unpowered and drained PC equipment. The inverse is also true.

Braeden_3

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016
Loads of questions....

How was it water damaged?
Was it powered on while the water damage happened? Attempt to power on after water damage and before complete disassy. and dry?

What methods did you use to determine the "good" parts left from said water damage?

In a nutshell. Water doesn't particularly damage unpowered and drained PC equipment. The inverse is also true.
It's still a mystery I left my house came back and there was water in it, parents won't admit to anything. Pc was left running, carpet underneath was soaked but no evidence of a spill, outside of case was untouched, only inside was wet and I do not have water-cooling. Its like the pc created a bunch of water by itself or someone dumped water in through the top fan port.

The GPU and motherboard terminals were white and fried, puddle of water on gpu. I assumed gpu motherboard and psu were fried because they had a lot of water on them and the pc was running.

I can jump the power by shorting the CMOS terminals but once I remove the pwer switch connector I cannot turn on the pc by shorting those terminals. Pc starts up fine and runs fine with the switch connected.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Check your motherboard documentation to see if you have LED or speaker to show faults.

I would consider that any part connected to the original rig is likely gone. It may have caused damage within the new components. If you have a professional nearby it might be best to take the components there for independent testing and thus have a real idea of what needs replaced.

There is no way we could know what caused the damage, but can assume that the water didn't magically appear.

Braeden_3

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016
Check your motherboard documentation to see if you have LED or speaker to show faults.

I would consider that any part connected to the original rig is likely gone. It may have caused damage within the new components. If you have a professional nearby it might be best to take the components there for independent testing and thus have a real idea of what needs replaced.

There is no way we could know what caused the damage, but can assume that the water didn't magically appear.
There are no LED lights on MOBO or speakers. I think it might be the CPU will be having a friend put his cpu in my pc to test