Question New build no display

Jan 17, 2022
Here are my components:
MSI B450M Pro vdh max
Ryzen 5 5600G
16gb of ram
Installed all the components and tried plugging in both a VGA and then an HDMI later to my motherboard but the pc wont give any display signal to my monitor. Tried contacting MSI support and they said the bios are fully updated for my CPU by looking at the serial number of the motherboard. I also tried putting in the disk that comes with the motherboard but nothing. Note that the rest of the pc seems to work fine (PSU running, pc getting power and cpu fan as well)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022
MSI confirmed you have BIOS version 7A38vBB.zip, or newer? Assuming the motherboard and CPU are good, this is commonly the issue.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-PRO-VDH-MAX/support#support-cpu
I contacted through email the MSI support alongside the serial number of the mobo thinking I needed to update the bios with a boot kit, and they replied to me saying they checked the serial number of the motherboard and told me that the version I bought came with bios updated specifically for my cpu series. What me and my friend think is that it could be a faulty motherboard, would that be out of the realm of possibilites? Personally, I think it could also be some issues with the cables as we are using the ones that came with my old pc motherboard I used before

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I contacted through email the MSI support alongside the serial number of the mobo thinking I needed to update the bios with a boot kit, and they replied to me saying they checked the serial number of the motherboard and told me that the version I bought came with bios updated specifically for my cpu series. What me and my friend think is that it could be a faulty motherboard, would that be out of the realm of possibilites? Personally, I think it could also be some issues with the cables as we are using the ones that came with my old pc motherboard I used before
Sure, the motherboard could be defective.

Also, when you mention cables...are you re-using any power cables from a previous PSU with a new PSU? If so, you should never mix and match PSU cables unless you are 1000% (as in VERY) sure they are compatible.

Jan 17, 2022
Sure, the motherboard could be defective.

Also, when you mention cables...are you re-using any power cables from a previous PSU with a new PSU? If so, you should never mix and match PSU cables unless you are 1000% (as in VERY) sure they are compatible.
Im using the same psu with the cables it already had installed to my motherboard