Question New Build - No Post - Yellow Green Light from Motherboard

Jan 18, 2024
Hello there, I'm helping my dad build his first computer and we are running into some issues. So he is panicking since it is a pricey build he made for gaming and auto cad work, calling one company to the other to try to find some answers. I thought since this forum has helped me with many of my own issues before that maybe we can work out a solution here before dragging it to PC shop to have some physically look at it. All parts are brand new and purchase during the black friday sale, and he's recently been able to put it all together; with the exception of the monitor which is old but has been working fine.

The computer specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel i9-14900K
CPU cooler: Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE LCD XT
Motherboard: ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator WIFI
Memory: Corsair Vegeance 96 GB 2 x 48 (x2) DDR5-6800
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT
GPU: NVIDIA RTX A5000

When turning it on the fans turn on and run, the cpu cooler display turns on, the LEDs cycle, the motherboard has a solid yellow light and the monitor does not post. We have flashed the bios for the latest update to be compatible with the CPU and then tried to flash an older update of bios that was said to be compatible with the CPU. We have tried re-seating the ram or trying to boot with one stick of ram in case it was a ram issue. He has double checked all the wires to be properly seated. CPU cooler does not interfere with the ram.

Edit: We got it to post by removing the gpu and m.2 memory, reflashing the bios update, and it caused the qleds to cycle then it posted. When it finally posted it wouldn't detect the keyboard so we couldn't access BIOS. He then turned off the computer again, plugged in a keyboard, and then turned it back on and now it will not post again and the boot yellow green light stays on with the power on without cycling.

Last edited:
Have you made sure that everything is connected correctly and not loose like the wires connecting to PSU to motherboard. big power cable (ATX-24

Also Bios has to be version 1203 in order to work with 14900k

Also try reading this

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain V
Jan 18, 2024
The cables are connected correctly and the version we are using is now the most up to date one. Now after a tech's advice we removed the storage and gpu components. After doing that and reflashing the usb the qleds cycled between all the colors and the screen posted. We couldn't get into the BIOS though as it would not detect the keyboard. So we turned it off and after turning it back on with the keyboard plugged in before hand now it won't post again but the boot yellow green LED lights up now instead of the yellow dram light and won't boot into BIOS.

Last edited:
The cables are connected correctly and the version we are using is now the most up to date one. Now after a tech's advice we removed the storage and gpu components. After doing that and reflashing the usb the qleds cycled between all the colors and the screen posted. We couldn't get into the BIOS though as it would not detect the keyboard. So we turned it off and after turning it back on with the keyboard plugged in before hand now it won't post again but the boot yellow green LED lights up now instead of the yellow dram light and won't boot into BIOS.

Ram is seated in 2 to 4th slot?, Because if you removed gpu and storage and it posted then that could be the problem?. I think what you should do try the parts with your computer like storage ram and GPU to see if its not faulty

Jan 18, 2024
Ram is seated in 2 to 4th slot?, Because if you removed gpu and storage and it posted then that could be the problem?. I think what you should do try the parts with your computer like storage ram and GPU to see if its not faulty
We only have ram in slot a1 at the moment. As it didn't post the first few times when we had all sticks in. Between it posting and now not posting the only thing that has happened is that the computer was rebooted. We did try jumping CMOS in case that was the issue, but it didn't really do anything.

Jan 18, 2024
We fixed the issue by plugging in the gpu and putting the ram in the a2 slot. Afterwards we had problems with it operating with all 4 ram, but got it to work after doing a soft cmos reset.

Latest posts