[SOLVED] New build no signal or lights in keyboard/mouse

Apr 27, 2022
Just got done building my new computer and when i started it up everything inside the computer started, GPU lit up and spinning, ram lit up and all other fans spinning.

ive checked every cable 4 times
checked if the ram is seated properly which is was then i change ram slot
tried hdmi on gpu and motherboard
tried starting without gpu
reset cmos

Specs everything brand new:
Intel core i5-12400F
ASUS prime z690-p wifi d4
ASUS geforce rtx 3050 dual oc
kingston fury beast rgb ddr4 3200mhz 32gb
corsair rm850w psu
samsung 989 pro m.2

Solution
ASUS Prime Z690-P WIFI D4 - Motherboard Manual

Reference Pg 2-17 - Make sure your Keyboard/Mouse are connected to the USB 2.0 ports on your motherboard.
Reference Pg 1-7 - Make sure your graphics card is installed in the PCI-Ex16 slot closest to the CPU (PCIEX16(G5)).

samsung 989 pro m.2
Referemce Pg 1-10 - I assume you meant the Samsung 980 Pro m.2, but could your please clarify exactly which model you purchased and which M.2 slot you have it installed in?

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Intel core i5-12400F
No integrated graphics so even if you could boot without a GPU installed in the system, you would not get an image. Make sure you're connecting your display to your RTX 3050's output.

Are your keyboard and mouse USB or Bluetooth? If USB, are they connected to the rear USB ports?

Are there any adapters installed/in use?

-Wolf sends

Reactions: rickypicky5
Apr 27, 2022
No integrated graphics so even if you could boot without a GPU installed in the system, you would not get an image. Make sure you're connecting your display to your RTX 3050's output.

Are your keyboard and mouse USB or Bluetooth? If USB, are they connected to the rear USB ports?

Are there any adapters installed/in use?

-Wolf sends
Monitor connected to 3050
Both keyboard and mouse are usb
no adapters installed

Wolfshadw

Titan

Reference Pg 2-17 - Make sure your Keyboard/Mouse are connected to the USB 2.0 ports on your motherboard.
Reference Pg 1-7 - Make sure your graphics card is installed in the PCI-Ex16 slot closest to the CPU (PCIEX16(G5)).

samsung 989 pro m.2
Referemce Pg 1-10 - I assume you meant the Samsung 980 Pro m.2, but could your please clarify exactly which model you purchased and which M.2 slot you have it installed in?

-Wolf sends

Solution
Apr 27, 2022

-Wolf sends
Graphics card is in that spot, the m.2 is under a silver bracket "M.2 PCIe4.0" writen on top. located right next to the cpu

how do i know whats usb 2.0? keyboard is connected to the 2 top usb ports on the back of the motherboard, usb port is black inside

M.2:
Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 500GB
product number: MZ-V8P500BW

Apr 27, 2022
We're probably missing something silly, but the next thing to try is testing the graphics card in another computer.

-Wolf sends
i dont have anything to try it on... my old computer is also missing signal hehe. if its the gpu thats causing it wouldnt i get image when using hdmi from the motherboard?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Just tried an old graphic card that i know is working and still no image
What card was this and did it require external power from the power supply as well? If so, it could be a faulty power supply. If not, it still could be a faulty power supply, but I'd be more inclined to say a faulty motherboard. If you have a spare/known working power supply available to you, you could test that.

You could also test the memory. Is that a 2x16GB kit or 4x8GB kit? Test each RAM module, one at a time, in each of the four RAM slots.

-Wolf sends

Apr 27, 2022
What card was this and did it require external power from the power supply as well? If so, it could be a faulty power supply. If not, it still could be a faulty power supply, but I'd be more inclined to say a faulty motherboard. If you have a spare/known working power supply available to you, you could test that.

You could also test the memory. Is that a 2x16GB kit or 4x8GB kit? Test each RAM module, one at a time, in each of the four RAM slots.

-Wolf sends
Tested with a 1060 3gb
2x16gb ram already tried that without any luck