[SOLVED] New Build not starting up

Oct 20, 2019
I made a new build around 2-3 weeks ago with:

ASRock B365M MB,
i7-9700k cpu,
Mushkin Silverline 2x16 2400 ram,
450w EVGA psu
GTX 1050 Ti.

I had everything put together and was working great for about a week until it shut off mid-use and wouldn’t turn back on. I reseated the ram and cpu, checked the cables and everything is fine. PSU passed the paperclip test and the leds on the MB are still on. I tried to jump start the MB and it gives one short beep and doesn’t turn on. On the ASRock forums, it says that it’s a Memory Refresh Error. What could be causing it to not start up?

Last edited:
Solution
Regarding the abrupt shutdown of the system, I'm leading to believe your PSU might've been a little overwhelmed by the setup. If the paper clip test comes positive, it still doesn't tell if the PSU is up to the mark with power delivery. The paper clip test asks you to put a fan or a dead drive as a load, to simulate a load, that doesn't indicate how much power the PSU can output effectively. To note, please see if the system, breadboarded without the discrete GPU and one stick of ram, boots up to OS GUI.

Lutfij

Titan
Regarding the abrupt shutdown of the system, I'm leading to believe your PSU might've been a little overwhelmed by the setup. If the paper clip test comes positive, it still doesn't tell if the PSU is up to the mark with power delivery. The paper clip test asks you to put a fan or a dead drive as a load, to simulate a load, that doesn't indicate how much power the PSU can output effectively. To note, please see if the system, breadboarded without the discrete GPU and one stick of ram, boots up to OS GUI.

Solution
Oct 20, 2019
I already tried that and there is nothing. The power button does nothing, and there’s no signs of power other than the LEDs on the mobo and when I try to jumpstart without ram and gpu while breadboarded, gives one short beep and the psu fan starts up but that’s it.