[SOLVED] New build PC keeps booting into BIOS ?

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
Hi guys .. I need help ..
I just build new PC
i7 10700k
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z590-P
Rtx 3070
16 g ram
Also I didn't reinstall windows 10.. I reused old ssd drive with installed windows from my old pc..
So the problem it keep booting into bios..
And as i can see in the bios.. storage visible only Blue-ray rom... that's what maybe it keeps booting ??
Also I have problem .. I have 2 sticks of RAM ..
Bios see only 1 stick ram 8 gigabyte..
Can you help me please?
On old PC it was easy ..you just select which slot you want to use main booting source.. but in Asus bios can't see nothing ..
Just don't know what to do..
I am only able load window sifting press ESC ..
I alredy installed GPU driver ..and some other drives such as Realtek etc..
But I need help how to change booting from BIOS to Windows ? And what to do with Ram memory..its only sees 1 stick ???

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You might need to power cycle the ssd for bios to recognise it.
Unplug the data cable from the ssd, but leave the Sata power connected. Boot up and just let the pc sit in that state for 30 minutes. Power down, unplug from the back of the pc, hold the power button for 10 seconds. Count to 30. Plug back in, boot and let the pc sit for another 30 minutes, power down, plug the data back in, then boot. It should recover and be recognised.

If not, in bios, check to make sure storage is set for AHCI. Also look in the tabs to find Legacy OpProm and or CSM (usually in the secure boot option) as you may need to enable one or both with the 840 as it uses a very old firmware (prior to 4.0 I believe) and cannot be updated to newer versions that are more uefi friendly.

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
Ok.. I reseated Ram and it works now.. system sees both ram sticks.. 16g. ..thank you very much..
As for boot SSD bios says boot drive not detected ..
But I haven't performed yet ..all procedures.. will do later... but for some reason PC now booting in to windows everytime.... as it should..but bios cannot see SSD... its weird
I tried to play Red Dead Redemption 2 on Ultra .. 1080P and it shows around 45 fps .. that's whaaay to low ... something wrong..
I7 10700k , Rtx 3070, 16 g ram.... I think my PC can swallow that game with that specs ..but it barely shows above 45 fps..
Anyway I am going to reinstall windows .. and I will format my ssd..
Thank you guys ...
Will let you know later how it's goes...

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
Never mind .. its working now ..for some reason BIOS see now my ssd .. but I haven't do anything..
Now it's all fixed... just wonder why it's recognize by itself ...