New build; power but no video

Dec 9, 2018
My pc powers up, all fans spinning with drives making noise, but theres no video output.

I read through the entire checklist of possible causes for the problem and I had either already done them or they didn’t apply. I have tried resetting CMOS a couple times, which causes the pc to attempt a boot a couple times but powers off before getting anywhere. I had a previous issue which caused the power to drop off momentarily (the LEDs would dim and fans slow for about a tenth of a second.) and the culprit was a few bent pins on my LGA socket. I sorted them out and now the power is constant, but I’m not getting any video output. I currently have my build hooked up to a TV because I don’t have a monitor handy, but I figured that wouldn’t be the issue. I have also tried disconnecting the graphics card and running with the CPU instead as well as only using one RAM slot with each stick.

SPECS
-Intel core i3 8100
-AMD HD 3450 (yes it’s garbage but it’s only temporary)
-PowerSpec 650W
-Gigabyte H310M A
-Inland professional 480Gb SSD
-BALLISTIX Sport 8Gb 2400MHz and 4Gb 2666MHz

Solution
Throw away the graphics card, your integrated graphics from the i3 are miles better. Using a tv isn't a big factor. Hook up the hdmi cord to the motherboard's rear i/o port. Like i said above, don't use that gpu.

jwcrellin

Reputable
Throw away the graphics card, your integrated graphics from the i3 are miles better. Using a tv isn't a big factor. Hook up the hdmi cord to the motherboard's rear i/o port. Like i said above, don't use that gpu.

Solution