New build question

xey78i

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Hi,

I'm building a new PC and have a few questions. My parts are as follow:

CPU: i7 4930k w/ H320 cooler (it's still coming in the mail)
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
GPUs: 2x 780ti classified
Power Source: Corsair 850w
Case: Corsair 540

I have a few questions. My first question is, I put my two GPUs, and the second gpu seems to be over a fan, and I'm wondering if this will create any problems:

a5jczq.jpg

I circled it if it helps.

My second question is: Is the SLI bridge in the right place? I wasn't sure if it went there:

eva0b7.jpg

My third question: These cables came attached to my case, there are 2 of each of these, I'm not entirely sure where these go, can someone explain me what these do exactly?

ibhrg5.jpg

My last question: I have these two leftover, do they need to be plugged in to the power source? I read in some places they only need to be plugged in if you are overclocking to the extreme.. I have two 780ti classifieds, so I'll be overclocking them just a bit (as much as you can with air coolers), and the CPU will be done by the h320 so i'm not sure if they need to be plugged.

k2k6ti.jpg

33bfpmu.jpg

Thank you again for your help :)

jeremyp79

Distinguished
1. I can't really tell what that fan is for, but as long as the fan blades themselves arent against the video card, I don't think it will be an issue.
2. Yes
3. The cables look like hot swap connectors, you only need them if you plan on swapping out hard drives with your system powered on
4. The extra 4 pin is basically for extreme overclocking, just provides another avenue of powering the cpu. The extra 6 pin plug is for 3-4 card setups, to supply more power to the pci e slots.