[SOLVED] New build -- random BSODs and freezing

Aug 25, 2019
Hello. I have issue with my new pc build if I install windows 10 on ssd m.2 my pc freezing or I have random blue screen, whats is problem?

PC specs
Motherboard: asus x570 rog crosshair viii hero wifi
Cpu:Amd Ryzen 7 2700
Gpu: asus gtx 980 ti strix 6gb
Ram: hyperx fury ddr4 4x8gb
Ssd M.2: samsung 970 evo plus 250gb
Psu: evga supernova 1000 g+

Solution
If you are getting a BSOD with Clock_Watchdog_Timeout as the error message - and you have tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10 from an install CD - then you will need to go to the Windows Download Page and download the Windows Media Creation Tool with the most up-to-date drivers (Version 2004). Install Windows 10 from a USB thumb drive. Once Windows 10 is installed, go and download the most recent AMD Ryzen chipset drivers. Do not install drivers from the CD that came with your mobo.

CountJukeYou

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Is it not having the issue when installed on a sata drive? If not it may need a bios update for the m.2 support. What is the error code for the BSOD? That will help narrow it down a little.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Is it not having the issue when installed on a sata drive? If not it may need a bios update for the m.2 support. What is the error code for the BSOD? That will help narrow it down a little.

Once again, a new Ryzen processor. The right question to as what I have asked in another post or two: Is the BSOD showing an error called "Clock_Watchdog_Timeout?"

Reactions: CountJukeYou

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
If you are getting a BSOD with Clock_Watchdog_Timeout as the error message - and you have tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10 from an install CD - then you will need to go to the Windows Download Page and download the Windows Media Creation Tool with the most up-to-date drivers (Version 2004). Install Windows 10 from a USB thumb drive. Once Windows 10 is installed, go and download the most recent AMD Ryzen chipset drivers. Do not install drivers from the CD that came with your mobo.

Reactions: CountJukeYou
Solution