Question new build seems to boot up but there's no video

Mar 12, 2019
I just bough a new pc and built it myself:
Asus Prime B350M-A
Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega graphics
2x 4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400mhz
PSU Corsair cx 550M
rather old Samsung SyncMaster VGA monitor

when I turn it on the fans work fine, both CPU and case fans.
but there's no video, the monitor doesn't say "no signal", it just stays on that black screen like when pcs are turned off, with the on light blinking.
as soon as the system gets power the motherboard lights up in orange, and when I turn it on the orange light starts blinking on and off but very slowly, it doesn't seem to be an alert light at all though.
the keyboard caps-lock and num-lock keys work and light up, so the system might be botting up but I'm not sure.
so yeah, that's the problem

Mar 12, 2019
You might not have latest BIOS version installed.
difficult to believe as the motherboard box says "Ryzen 2000 series ready" and in the shop I bought it from I specifically asked if I had to update the bios and they said "no, that happened with the older versions of this model, not this one"
so even if it's not the latest bios, it should still work with my CPU.

Mar 12, 2019
What about RAM, did you place them in right slots, I believe they should be in A2 and B2 ? Maybe try one at time in different slots.
not it either, tried both sticks on every single possible setting, but yeah a2 b2 is the recommended one.
I'm currently at work but when I get home I'll be able to try a different monitor

Mar 12, 2019
ok so I got home an decided to check a really old pci-e graphics card (nvidia geforce 9400gt) and it works perfectly fine.

so everything works but I cant seem to get video output from the ryzen 3 2200g.

I'll do some research but I don't even know what to look for since the CPU is obviously working