Build Advice New Build, Several Parts Selected - Need Cooling Recommendations

Sep 8, 2022
Hey Everybody, I am needing to build a whole new computer and while I wish I could wait for the RDNA3 to come out luckily a buddy of mine is upgrading and is letting me borrow his 6900xt.

Usage: Primary computer usage will be content creation with dabbling in 3d rendering, but as with most PCs utilized for gaming.

Overall I wanted to know if you guys thought my part choices looked as good as I could get with the new Zen4 hardware, as well as....I live in Florida and wanted recommendations for Case, Cooler, and Fan Upgrades. The Power Supply current choice is in anticipation for RDNA3.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard: ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BWWPY9

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory ($294.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Corsair MP600 PRO XT 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($234.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus TUF GAMING OC Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB Video Card ($925.04 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($249.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1705.01

Thanks in advance, can't wait, last computer held out for 7 years which was a good run in my book!

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
You don't mention what case you will be using, but in your climate, you're gonna need not only a cpu cooler (I like the DarkRockPro myself) PLUS several case fans, OR a liquid cooler, either an AIO (I've had good luck with Corsair's H series, but there are tons of other ones) or an actual looped water rig with a good pump & rad (or 2)....

You could look on pcpartspicker.com to see some of the available options and what they cost, then decide from there...

Good luck with your build !

Sep 8, 2022
You don't mention what case you will be using, but in your climate, you're gonna need not only a cpu cooler (I like the DarkRockPro myself) PLUS several case fans, OR a liquid cooler, either an AIO (I've had good luck with Corsair's H series, but there are tons of other ones) or an actual looped water rig with a good pump & rad (or 2)....

You could look on pcpartspicker.com to see some of the available options and what they cost, then decide from there...

Good luck with your build !
That was part of the recommendations, I wasn't sure how everything would fit so I was leaving the Case, Fans, and Cooling option up for recommendation. I know Lian Li is very popular but wanted to see what everyone else would bring up. Would be my first looped water rig if I did that, would be nervous but if that's the more recommended guess I'd suck it up! lol

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Well, if you're gonna build in an ATX case, then virtually any cooling set-up will fit, although there some exceptions depending on the design & internal layout of the case.

If you wanna go with a smaller form factor like mITX or such, then you'll need to do a little moar research to make sure everything will fit, especially for water cooled loopers :D

Reactions: KrisDoesLife