[SOLVED] New Build shuts down inconsistently after startup

Jan 10, 2020
SO this is my first build and everything has been working great. Just recently though, whenever I start the computer up, it occasionally gets to the startup screen and then everything turns off (signal to monitor, keyboard, mouse) but the fans and lights on the case stay on. I usually have to do a hard restart (power button) and then it's fine. This doesn't always happen BTW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PNY CS900 500GB 2.5” SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - (SSD7CS900-500-RB)
EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR, Black
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler - YD2600BBAFBOX
XPG Z1 DDR4 3000MHz (PC4 24000) 16GB (2x8GB) 288-Pin Memory Modules, Black (AX4U300038G16A-DBZ)
Asus Prime B450M-A/CSM AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 mATX Motherboard
XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition 1286MHz, 8gb GDDR5, DX12 VR Ready, Dual BIOS, 3xDP HDMI DVI, AMD Graphics Card (RX-570P8DFD6)
Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Matx Tower w/ Magnetic Design Dust Filter, Transparent Acrylic Side Panel, Adjustable I/O & Fully Ventilated for Airflow

Solution
The first suspect, in my mind with respect to a new build, is a poor connection or card seating.

Not in full contact. However, if the build does start, something warms up, expands, and makes contact.

At least until the next shutdown and cool down.

With a new build connections can be and are often tight. May feel as if they are in place but that is not the actual case.

And no one wants to overly force a connection - especially on a new build.

Turn off, unplug.

Get the motherboard's installation guide along with the installation guides for all installed components.

Use a bright flashlight and even a magnifying glass to review the entire step by step installation process.

Ensure that all connections and card seatings are as they...

Ralston18

Titan
The first suspect, in my mind with respect to a new build, is a poor connection or card seating.

Not in full contact. However, if the build does start, something warms up, expands, and makes contact.

At least until the next shutdown and cool down.

With a new build connections can be and are often tight. May feel as if they are in place but that is not the actual case.

And no one wants to overly force a connection - especially on a new build.

Turn off, unplug.

Get the motherboard's installation guide along with the installation guides for all installed components.

Use a bright flashlight and even a magnifying glass to review the entire step by step installation process.

Ensure that all connections and card seatings are as they should be. Look for connectors that are not fully seated. Likewise for cards, RAM, jumpers, everything. Bare metal showing around a plug, a connector that is not level, a card that is uneven, a cable kinked, twisted, pinched. Some screw not fully down allowing movement.

(It is quite amazing to go back to some project and discover some "how did that happen when I was being so careful" situation.)

Inspect your build by sight and feel. Unplug and reseat everything again. Check plugs and ports for defects, damage, and debris.

Overall, the idea is to eliminate "human error" and/or some oversight.

Take your time and be careful.

If there is something seriously astray do not over-react. The problem can be and should be addressed on its' own merits.

Solution