rawbeef

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2015
RESOLVED (details in reply)
I just finished a new build (here is the parts list) that I tried starting up for the first time this morning and it was immediately very loud. Half way into my windows install it shut down unexpectedly. Since that I've tried restarting three times, and each time it would shut down quicker and quicker into the install process. The last time I restarted I went into BIOS to try and figure out whats happening and it shut down about 10 seconds after getting into BIOS.

While building I made sure everything was seated correctly and fully plugged in. I am recycling the nVME that I'm using for my boot drive, which was the last thing I did before this problem started occurring. I also understand I might need to do a BIOS update for my RAM, but when I checked this with a friend they said that it should work fine with my parts out of the box.

I'm in desperate need for help since this build is what I use for work.

Edit: the parts list was a previous version before I made a couple adjustments. Accurate parts list has been updated.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
I just finished a new build (here is the parts list) that I tried starting up for the first time this morning and it was immediately very loud. Half way into my windows install it shut down unexpectedly. Since that I've tried restarting three times, and each time it would shut down quicker and quicker into the install process. The last time I restarted I went into BIOS to try and figure out whats happening and it shut down about 10 seconds after getting into BIOS.

While building I made sure everything was seated correctly and fully plugged in. I am recycling the nVME that I'm using for my boot drive, which was the last thing I did before this problem started occurring. I also understand I might need to do a BIOS update for my RAM, but when I checked this with a friend they said that it should work fine with my parts out of the box.

I am thinking overheating. If you let it sit for an hour, can you get into the BIOS and check the temperatures page ?

rawbeef

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2015
Here's what was wrong
  1. Through either bad design or my own incompetence the way the front I/o connectors were seated on the motherboard made it so when I turned it on I was in effect holding down the reset button (a friend who is more savvy than me modified the connector and its fine now.
  2. I had decided to not install a shroud on my cpu cooler that displays temperature because I wouldn’t be able to see it and I have limited space in my case, not realizing that said shroud also had the pump control connectors.
  3. My RAM did need an update, but because this baby is at capacity with a whopping 96gb of memory I had to get other, smaller ram for setup then ween the actual sticks onto it before updating.
  4. Apparently this case requires you to use the provided power cable to the wall/surge protector otherwise it doesn’t pull enough power.
RESOLVED (details in reply)

Edit: the parts list was a previous version before I made a couple adjustments. Accurate parts list has been updated.

TRENDING THREADS