[SOLVED] New build stuck in motherboard loading screen when booting

elgiov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016
Hello, it's been some days since I put together my PC.
The first time I turned it on, it was going great.
But when I turned it off, and then on again, it just gets stuck in ASUS black screen, the OS does not come up. It's so frustrating, I have to restart the PC until sometimes it gets past that mobo black screen, and the OS starts up.
At this point, I have no idea what to do, if updating the BIOS could be an option here, but I saw no solution on the internet.

PC Build parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kRtPGG

Solution
One thing to try...go into BIOS and choose an XMP profile for your memory, save, and then try booting. (My guess is that the mobo is having difficulty with the memory and it is trying different timings to boot up. Selecting an XMP profile defines the memory timings so the board won't have to reboot itself to "train" the memory)

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
One thing to try...go into BIOS and choose an XMP profile for your memory, save, and then try booting. (My guess is that the mobo is having difficulty with the memory and it is trying different timings to boot up. Selecting an XMP profile defines the memory timings so the board won't have to reboot itself to "train" the memory)

Solution

elgiov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016

Thank you for your quick response, but unfortunately, I have no idea what an XMP profile is and how to choose one.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
So based on that answer, your problem could be a number of things...if you don't know what xmp profiles are, I don't have much confidence that the pc was put together correctly. You would have certainly come across information about xmp profiles with some basic research about pc building and configuring. Not trying to be mean here, but...you may need to do some more research on your own.

Do you know anyone with pc building experience that can help you get it up and running? I know you came here looking for answers and that's a good thing...but most of us expect you to have done at least some basic research before we can help. Otherwise it might be literally anything from not connecting everything correctly, not installing cpu paste and cooler correctly, basic bios configuration, problems with multiple drives, incompatible memory, etc...

elgiov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016

I've got some experience building PC's. I've always build mine, friends and more.
I just never had an issue like this. The computer works perfectly. It just has this booting problem. Once it boots. the performance is excellent.
I don't think an overclock will fix this error.
Could you please help with other piece of advise? Thank you.