[SOLVED] New Build: Stuck on Press Del/F2 To Enter Bios, No POST (Ryzen 7 5800X Issue?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2020
Hello all! Just put together a new build, but unfortunately it's not quite functional. When I turn it on, after a few seconds the prompt to enter bios shows up ("Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting"), but then it's completely unresponsive and it remains on that screen forever. The DRAM LED on the motherboard stays on (a yellow/goldish color), as well as the green Boot LED.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Mobo: Asus PRIME X570-PRO
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 CL19
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB M.2-2280
PSU: Corsair RMx 1000W

Things I've tried:
  • Moving memory around to different slots (when not in slots A2/B2 the screen doesn't even turn on)
  • Using only a single memory stick
  • Using a different memory stick
  • removing my secondary M.2 SSD
  • Shorting the Clear RTC RAM jumper with a screwdriver

Now I'm wondering if my BIOS version isn't compatible with the CPU... I interpreted the product page as meaning it would work out of the box given it says "Ready for AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series" but after watching this video and checking the serial number on my motherboard it looks like the last 4 digits are 2407, while it looks like the BIOS version for 5000 series CPUs might need to be at 2606?

Are these the symptoms of a CPU incompatible with the BIOS version currently flashed? I don't have an older AMD CPU around if so... And it doesn't look like my motherboard has a flashback feature, so am I completely hosed?

Nov 29, 2020
Ah nuts, was afraid that was the answer. Thanks!
Hi. I just built a similar setup. Ryzen 5900 with asus rog strix mobo. I initially disabled the csm setting in the bios screen to setup windows 10. When it restarted, I got the exact same message you got and am now stuck. Keyboard will not work and tried clearing cmos. Did flashing the bios work?

Nov 29, 2020
Hi. I just built a similar setup. Ryzen 5900 with asus rog strix mobo. I initially disabled the csm setting in the bios screen to setup windows 10. When it restarted, I got the exact same message you got and am now stuck. Keyboard will not work and tried clearing cmos. Did flashing the bios work?
Also, how did you update the bios? Did you download it and plug into the bios USB port in the back? Did that bypass the message you were stuck on?

Nov 29, 2020
You went in to bios and loaded the bios update files and itchanged the bios number and it still won't boot up?
When it first booted, I was able to get into the bios. I was trying install windows and some forum recommended disabling csm. Once I did that, I rebooted and have been stuck on this screen ever since ("please press delete or f2 to enter eufi bios"). This is where the keyboard locks up and won't go anywhere. Thanks for the quick reply.

Nov 29, 2020
When it first booted, I was able to get into the bios. I was trying install windows and some forum recommended disabling csm. Once I did that, I rebooted and have been stuck on this screen ever since ("please press delete or f2 to enter eufi bios"). This is where the keyboard locks up and won't go anywhere. Thanks for the quick reply.
And no, I didn't get a chance to load the new bios before disabling csm.

Nov 29, 2020
Also make sure the usb is removed.
I figured it out. I did try removing all USB, battery and did unplug for 10min but nothing happened. Here's what I did. I put a 3800x chip in and it booted fine. I then updated the bios to the latest version. I then shut down the system and replaced the cpu to the 5900x. I was able to install windows. Also, I did find that disabling quick start in the bios also helped. Smoother bootup. Thanks for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS