[SOLVED] New Build stutters & lags.

Jun 27, 2019
So I just built a brand new pc the other day, downloaded all the drivers, don’t think I downloaded WiFi/LAN drivers but that’s working fine, but sometimes when a few things are open the computer severely lags and there is no way out but to restart. Also when I play fortnite I have severe stutters dropping from 180FPS to 10 every time I look somewhere new, but when I play Shadow Of The Tomb Raider this doesn’t happen. Is there something that is slowing my computer down? One more thing is that I sometimes get VAC disconnected while playing CS GO. My power supply also doesn’t push out hot air while gaming (not sure if that’s an issue or not) One more thing is that yesterday my computer was fine and working perfectly, today it’s just not happening, Minecraft with Ultra graphics have the stutters do. System Specs
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060 Super
16GB 3.2GHz
Aorus B450 Pro WiFi
EVGA 650W PSU (Bronze rated)
Western Digital Blue 7200RPM drive (I don’t have an SSD yet)

Last edited:
Solution
When you installed windows, did you install the latest version, from the Windows Media creation tool? I would install chipset drivers, from AMD themselves.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
How did you download all the drivers? Directly from the manufacturers website?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
Have you monitored CPU/GPU temps under load?
What exact model EVGA PSU is it?
Have you checked to see if any components are hitting high usage in task manager?
Is your RAM from the exact same physical pack?

Jun 27, 2019
Yes the RAM is from the same package, I have the latest F41 BIOS for my motherboard, I downloaded the chipset driver from the Aorus website and I downloaded GeForce Experience and that installed the sound and GPU driver. The power supply is apart of the BQ series in EVGA