New Build Super Slow

jakeddog

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
didnt know where to post this but cpu sounded like the most likely place

in my build i have a r5 1600 and a rx 560, aswell as 8gb of ram and opening chrome windows and other applications is really slow, i dont know why, ive restarted my pc but doesnt seem to help at all, also im using a m.2 ssd. cpu is overclocked to 3.6 ghz at 1.3 volts and idle temps are 45-46C. max temps on aida 64 never exceeded 73

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rxmQcY heres my parts list (everything thats blue i dont have yet)

any suggestions help

edit: looking in task manager cpu usage hit 95% when all i have running is google chrome and asus aura aswell as tray applications like discord, steam, malwarebytes, etc opening cpu z took about 3 minutes

Ram i dont think is XMP in the rog bios it says D.O.C.P Standard and i have it set to i believe 2733 and 1.35v (idle ram usage is 56%)

idle cpu usage is 37-45% (took about 30 secs for task manager to load up)

powering off and restarting mt computer takes about 20 minutes, i have held down the power button to force power off a few times if thats important

Solution
Likely was updates, if it comes back try a different browser also. I personally don't use the edge one, I prefer Firefox then chrome. but will flip between them when having issues to try to rule out browser issue or memory leaks.

jakeddog

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016

just did a 2nd restart it took about 15 mins but cpu usage is back to 5-9% and ram is 38-40% i guess restarting fixed whatever the problem was because its running fast now but yes it was a clean os install off a usb.

Killer01ws6

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
Likely was updates, if it comes back try a different browser also. I personally don't use the edge one, I prefer Firefox then chrome. but will flip between them when having issues to try to rule out browser issue or memory leaks.

Solution