Question New Build That Will Not Connect to Internet Wifi and LAN.

Nov 6, 2023
Omg this is driving me mad.

I just built a PC for the first time and it will not connect to the internet. I was able to load Windows 11 Home edition with no problem. I was also able to update the Bios with no issue.
Now, I think the problem could be with drivers. I downloaded all the drivers from the Asus website for my motherboard model ( Asus ROG Strix B650-A ) on another computer. I then put the files onto the new computer. The chipset drivers installed fine, as did the audio, and bluetooth. The LAN, and wireless drivers though did not. When I run the .exe file for the LAN Drivers nothing happens other than a black command prompt screen flashes up on the screen and vanishes just as quick. When I try to run the WIFI drivers exe I get a window that says "Does not support this Operating System: WNT_10.OH_11_64

I am at a complete loss as to what to do next. Any thoughts, or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you scroll down, you should see drivers listed under;
MTK WiFi driver 3.3.0.713 For Windows 10/11 64-bit
+
Intel I225/I226 LAN Driver V2.1.3.3 For Windows 11 64-bit

You should make sure you've installed this;
AMD Chipset Driver V5.06.16.400 for Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11 64-bit
and all other drivers relevant to your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator

As for your BIOS, what version are you on at this moment of time? Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version?

I was able to load Windows 11 Home edition with no problem.
Where did you source the installer for your OS from?

Nov 6, 2023

+

and all other drivers relevant to your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator

As for your BIOS, what version are you on at this moment of time? Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version?

Thanks for your reply. I will look into that this evening when I return home and will see what I installed exactly and the current BIOS version. I do know the Bios I installed was a newer date than than the one prior. I did not clear the CMOS after though as I was not aware to do that.

I sourced Windows 11 from a PC at my work that I use that I got back in the Spring.

Nov 6, 2023

+

I double checked the drivers you listed. Those were in fact the drivers I dowloaded. I downloaded them onto a flash drive and then put them on the new computer. That is where an issue pops up. When I run the .exe file for the LAN Drivers nothing happens other than a black command prompt screen flashes up on the screen and vanishes just as quick. When I try to run the WIFI drivers exe I get a window that says "Does not support this Operating System: WNT_10.OH_11_64. The Chipset update and Bluetooth and audio all installed fine.
The BIOS is version 1811. I did not clear the CMOS. Is that something I should, or need to do? Thanks