New build turning on and off

Nov 13, 2018
hey all. so I just spent a bunch of money on all these components just to put it all together and it not work. ill turn the computer on, no fans will come on, the rgb lights on the mobo come on, I currently don't have a gpu (it comes in tomorrow ) but I read that the mobo has dedicated graphics on it so I can run the bios. anyways, I turn it on, and about 15 seconds go by and nothing shows up on screen and then it just restarts and tries to do it all again. I've got a asrock extreme 4, 2x8 g skill ram, i5 8600k with a corsair aio attached. granted this is my first build and I may have just screwed up the wires. help would be much appreciated

Nov 13, 2018
so I just went ahead and tried that. I didn't unplug the cpu but the 2 chassis fans I unplugged. the rgb lighting on my keyboard lit up which is new. but not on the mouse so im assuming that wouldn't work either, but still no bios on screen.

edit: just tried with cpu aio fans unplugged and went back to where I started.

edit2: plugged all the fans back in, reset cmos by taking the battery out for about 30 seconds. put it back in and started it up, got all the fans to work. sounded like the computer was working harder then before which was a good thing but still after about 5-10 sec restarts before getting to bios

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
Try different ram slots with one stick ram. Unplug everything other than CPU cooler fan. Even usb devices. Only leave the display plugged up. At this point we’re just trying to get you to some type of splash screen at least.

Nov 13, 2018

I tried every slot with 1 stick of ram. had everything unplugged, still saying no signal and reboots within 10 seconds