Question New build with ddr4 ram at 3000mhz labeled on package unstable at 2600mhz

Sep 9, 2019
Hello!

So I recently just finished this new build with below specs

i7 9700k
Prime 7370-A II
Vengeance LPX 8x2 (16gb) 3000mhz
RTX 1070 Super
Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 series 750-watt 80 plus Bronze

The issues I'm having is trying to get the speed up to 3000mhz however anytime I go past 2600mhz system is then unstable and takes me back to the bios. I've tested different timings and different Voltage and they all work fine as long as the speed stays at 2600mhz. Now if I go up even slightly to 2666mhz it becomes unstable again. So could this mean my ram is defective or do I have to adjust other settings?

I've also used both XMP profiles 1 and 2 but still nothing so at this point I'm entering thing manually. If everything else fails is 2600mhz a good enough speed to keep it at?
Thank you!

Sep 9, 2019
the version # on the line with the ram is part of the ram itself, there was apparently a couple different versions with that model number
Apologies for the late reply
I looked into this and it seems like my version isnt on there. It actually jumps over
for exmaple I have ver 4.32
and what they have listed is ver 5.3 and before that ver 4.2
With this being the case will I just have to wait until this version is support?
or
am I better off getting an exact version supported if so is it even possible to check out version during purchase?

Thank you!

Sep 9, 2019
Your like made me remember this...
Corsair shows Tested Voltage 1.35V
is bios holding the voltage at 1.2?
It seems like its keeping it up there above the 1.35v range. Right now for example dram voltage is at 1.36. I have it set at 1.35 but bios is slightly above.

Also something happened today that was a bit odd. I tried again to push the speeds and this time for the first time i managed to get up to 2666mhz. Does this mean it's for sure a faulty ram thing?

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
That's what I was reading, if you don't want to deal with return/rma you could try loosening the latency when you push up the speed, as speed is generally more important. But again you should be getting what you paid for...

Reactions: WufeiXVI
Sep 9, 2019
That's what I was reading, if you don't want to deal with return/rma you could try loosening the latency when you push up the speed, as speed is generally more important. But again you should be getting what you paid for...

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do I think or I might just purchase new ram confirm the issue and just get a refund for this pair if it's confirmed defective.