Question New build with Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihateusernames69

Reputable
Apr 17, 2020
Built new computer with Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX, 7800x3d, G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) Desktop Memory Model F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR, Corsair RM1200x shift power supply, and Gigabyte RTX 4090. I tried to use the q-flash feature before installing CPU as I saw in some youtube videos, but the usb stick did not light up. After building, I powered on the system. All fans turn on. There is a red led that lights up further est from the ATX cable MB cable. I am guessing it is the CPU light.

I tried taking one of the sticks of ram out, but get the same result.
Any suggestions, or do I need to tear apart and send back?

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Built new computer with Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX, 7800x3d, G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) Desktop Memory Model F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR, Corsair RM1200x shift power supply, and Gigabyte RTX 4090. I tried to use the q-flash feature before installing CPU as I saw in some youtube videos, but the usb stick did not light up. After building, I powered on the system. All fans turn on. There is a red led that lights up further est from the ATX cable MB cable. I am guessing it is the CPU light.

I tried taking one of the sticks of ram out, but get the same result.
The manual should tell you what the red light is.

D

Deleted member 2838871

How long are you waiting before you shut it down? Memory training with long boot times are common with Ryzen 7000 series. My red light (CPU) came on and stayed on for like 3-4 minutes when I first powered on.

I just waited... it cleared and then went into BIOS. It boots faster now but still takes a minute.

Ihateusernames69

Reputable
Apr 17, 2020
How long are you waiting before you shut it down? Memory training with long boot times are common with Ryzen 7000 series. My red light (CPU) came on and stayed on for like 3-4 minutes when I first powered on.

I just waited... it cleared and then went into BIOS. It boots faster now but still takes a minute.
Waited 5 plus minutes before shutting down.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Waited 5 plus minutes before shutting down.

Hopefully someone else will chime in because that's the best answer I had. I'm not all that experienced in troubleshooting because I haven't had many issues.

Ihateusernames69

Reputable
Apr 17, 2020
I decided to plug in the monitor and power up one more time before tearing it apart, and the screen came on quickly. The was some fTPM error that had to be corrected. Installed windows, installed GPU driver, updated BIOS, and installed second stick of ram. Glad I waited before tearing apart. Thanks for the replies.

Ishfady

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
The manual should tell you what the red light is.
Hi DaleH
Hope you managed to get your computer working. It look this gigabyte motherboard seem to be problem. I having a same issue.

I wonder if you could help me, much appreciated.

Gigabyte B760M AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700, No beeps, No Video, No CPU fan spinning, No Display

I just bought this new motherboard Gigabyte B760M AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 and intel cpu i9. I have build few computers in the pass,
and most of them with gigabyte mother board. I like gigabyte mother board and I am happy with it.
I build this computer for myself for home use.

This is first time it happened that I can't start my new computer after newly build.
When I turn on power, I can see light come on, on the memory and I can see few small leds light up on the mother board.
But CPU fan is not spinning and also I don't see any display coming up on the screen. Also I don't hear beep when I turn on power.
Normally when Ii does that. Please can you advice what I am doing wrong here.
I try all as usual, disconnect all the components,. etc

Thank you

Ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS