Question New Build - Wont boot - CPU debug led lit.

Rainy113

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
MSI B550 A Pro motherboard
Ryzen 5 5600X cpu
Geforce 1050TI gpu
Kingston NV1 500G M.2 NVMe PCIe internal SSD
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600

The sticker on the Motherboard said Ryzen 5000 ready so I didn't flash the bios before I put it all together.

This is my first build. I had a hard time getting the cpu cooler on - I had to remove it and the cpu came out with it.
I was afraid I had bent some of the pins but they all they looked fine so I put it back in, cleaned off old thermal paste and used new and reinstalled the cooler.

So what do you think? Did I kill the CPU or should I try to flash the BIOS?

And can I flash it using the flashback button while all the parts are in place or do I need to remove everything including the CPU? I'm really not comfortable messing with the CPU any more than I absolutely have to.

Rainy113

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
I tried it with the CPU still installed, disconnecting everything else. It didn't work. The flashback button would blink a few times then go off never to come back on. So I bit the bullet and removed the CPU and tried again. It seemed to work. The light flashed slow for a while then fast for a longer while then went off, just like they said it was supposed to in the video I watched. I haven't reinstalled CPU as I ordered another cooler because I'm going to burn that stock cooler in a ditch in the backyard.