[SOLVED] New build wont boot

May 31, 2021
New build with asrock velocita x570, ryzen 9 3900x with in the box cooler, one stick of 8G t force ddr4 ram, power is goldenfield 750W. All brand new. When i apply power board lights up and no fans are running, cpu seems not working at all. Have not seated video yet. Is there any chance that interferes with cpu coming up?

Solution
You can think of it like this: The CPU is the Brain. And the brain needs fuel. The fuel is the PSU. Your brain wont function correctly on just sugar and water (bad PSU). There will be issues. And eventually the brain will die prematurely. Your CPU.
PSU is as important, if not more, than CPU.

My general rule is: If I have never heard of the brand, I will never buy it.
But if I come across a new brand, I'm checking a number of technical reviews, what do customers say who bought it, can I find it in Europe/USA? If there's no store in Europe/USA that sells it, it's probably subpar, doesn't hit the basic standards.

I could only find a russian and some asian (probably korean/chinese) site that had any info on Goldenfield. Not a good sign. I...
May 31, 2021
3900x don't have igpu, need the gpu to boot
the debug led on the motherboard should tell you what is the issue
Board diagnostic lights also dont light up, but its a 2 digit led code rather than simple lights. I hesitated to plug in the gpu if cpu wasnt working. Do you think i could use my old 1040ti just to see?

May 31, 2021
Board diagnostic lights also dont light up, but its a 2 digit led code rather than simple lights. I hesitated to plug in the gpu if cpu wasnt working. Do you think i could use my old 1040ti just to see?
Nvm, didnt work. Plugged in old card turns out to be OC 1G radeon 570 from 2010, no change

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
When you say you apply power, what does that mean? You plug in the power to PSU? Could it be you need to press the Power-button on the case? It's just about always easier to troubleshoot with GPU in the system. CPU, RAM and GPU I would say is the minimum. And GPU connected to a screen.
If I was you, I would check the pins on the CPU. Are any bent? Do you have power to everything? CPU 4-8 pin, 24-pin to motherboard, 6-8 pin x 1-2 to GPU. Is the PSU modular? Check the PSU-side connections as well.

May 31, 2021
When you say you apply power, what does that mean? You plug in the power to PSU? Could it be you need to press the Power-button on the case? It's just about always easier to troubleshoot with GPU in the system. CPU, RAM and GPU I would say is the minimum. And GPU connected to a screen.
If I was you, I would check the pins on the CPU. Are any bent? Do you have power to everything? CPU 4-8 pin, 24-pin to motherboard, 6-8 pin x 1-2 to GPU. Is the PSU modular? Check the PSU-side connections as well.
Yes PSU is modular, have pulled and plugged in again several times the 24 pin, 8 pin cpu, and 6 pin to the GPU. Apply power is to turn on the PSU switch. RGB on board lights up. As far as case power switch goes, theres no response there but board also has power button and reset button next to diagnostic led. Pressing those also produce no response. Case fans are not running as well as the CPU fan and no RGB on CPU fan. I did pull the CPU once and checked pins seemed OK and it re-seated easily. Same results.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
You can think of it like this: The CPU is the Brain. And the brain needs fuel. The fuel is the PSU. Your brain wont function correctly on just sugar and water (bad PSU). There will be issues. And eventually the brain will die prematurely. Your CPU.

But if I come across a new brand, I'm checking a number of technical reviews, what do customers say who bought it, can I find it in Europe/USA? If there's no store in Europe/USA that sells it, it's probably subpar, doesn't hit the basic standards.

I could only find a russian and some asian (probably korean/chinese) site that had any info on Goldenfield. Not a good sign. I would remove it from my parts list immediately.

Maybe the PSU doesn't even pass the POWER GOOD basic test that, I think, motherboards test when you try to power on system.

Solution
May 31, 2021

I could only find a russian and some asian (probably korean/chinese) site that had any info on Goldenfield. Not a good sign. I would remove it from my parts list immediately.

Maybe the PSU doesn't even pass the POWER GOOD basic test that, I think, motherboards test when you try to power on system.
Im smelling what youre cookin. When i opened the box and the english word was goldenfield i was sceptical. It was supposed to be a thermaltake, but i guess there was a mix up in the warehouse. I went to new egg and bought a thermaltake. Ill let you know what happens.