Question New Build Won't Boot

Oct 26, 2022
I took my CPU, RAM, and GPU out of another system and installed them onto a new motherboard and I'm not getting anything when I try to jump it to test the system on my motherboard box. System is an MSI z590 Tomahawk motherboard, Intel i7-11700KF, Corsair H100i AIO, 32GB HyperX RAM, RTX 3080. Motherboard power 24-pin is seated all the way as is the 8-pin CPU header. I've tried booting with and without the GPU and I've moved the RAM around and nothing happens when I try to jump the power headers. I've tried 2 PSUs and 2 CPUs with no results and I've read the sticky above and it didn't help either.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I took my CPU, RAM, and GPU out of another system and installed them onto a new motherboard and I'm not getting anything when I try to jump it to test the system on my motherboard box. System is an MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, Intel i7-11700KF, Corsair H100i AIO, 32GB HyperX RAM, RTX 3080. Motherboard power 24-pin is seated all the way as is the 8-pin CPU header. I've tried booting with and without the GPU and I've moved the RAM around and nothing happens when I try to jump the power headers. I've tried 2 PSUs and 2 CPUs with no results and I've read the sticky above and it didn't help either.
The Z690 boards don't support 11th gen processors.

11th gen processors are LGA 1200, the Z690 motherboard is LGA 1700.

Oct 26, 2022
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-Z690-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/support#cpu

12 and 13th gen.

Also not a idiot you just should of posted first before buying or checked the CPU support page, it happens.
I already had the CPU and I'll just use it when I build my wife and kids a computer next year(with the proper MOBO this time). I've done so much reading and watching Youtube I must have got my numbers mixed up. No big deal though, all it cost was time and some thermal paste. Built the system on pcpartpicker and didn't catch that the motherboard was a z590 Tomahawk and Best Buy only had z690. Whoops

Last edited: