Case: Cooler Master HAF X
Motherboard: MSI x99S Gaming 7
CPU: Intel i7-5930k
GPU: MSI Gaming Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Captain 360
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3000 16GB(4x4GB) Model: F4-3000C15Q-16GRR
PSU: EVGA 1200W 80 Plus Platinum
SSD: Kingston V300 240GB x2

Problem is simple, system won't POST when it is turned on. No video, no beeps, no debug code except "00". The CPU fans run along with the fans on the GPU and the case fans that are connected directly to the PSU. Case fans connected to the motherboard do not run. All LEDs on the board and GPU appear to light as normal. I have tried going to 1 stick of ram. I have rotated single sticks of ram through all of the slots. I have rotated the GPU through all the slots. I have unplugged all the power connectors and replugged them all in to make sure there is a solid connection. I have stripped down to the barebones motherboard. I have unseated the CPU and made sure there were no bent pins. I have switched between the two bios in most of the different configurations above. I have reset the cmos via the provided jumper and button and also taken the battery out. I'm not sure what else to try at this point except RMA'ing the board and going from there. Anyone have some advice or similar problems with these components?

Solution
Try removing the CPU cooler, the CPU, checking the socket for bent pins and, if ok, reinstalling the CPU, the Intel stock CPU cooler, connecting both 24 and 8 pin power cables and, board still outside the case, starting the board. See if the CPU fan does spin and if still 00.

Nick Grossmann

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
open

http://
open

http://

Not sure if it added the pictures correctly, so I just added links to my google drive as well.
One has the GPU, the other without.

Try removing the CPU cooler, the CPU, checking the socket for bent pins and, if ok, reinstalling the CPU, the Intel stock CPU cooler, connecting both 24 and 8 pin power cables and, board still outside the case, starting the board. See if the CPU fan does spin and if still 00.

Solution