[SOLVED] New build won't turn on ?RAM incompatible

Dec 11, 2020
Upgraded my PC today with:

MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max AM4
AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
HX436C18FB4K2/32 hyperx 3600 2x16gb
Cool master mwe700 white PSU.
Sx8200 pro m.2 2280 pcie gen 3x4 SSD

I have all leads connected correctly although my case does not have a power led cable to plug in. Basically when I press the on button on the front of the case nothing happens. I don't even know is the mother board is getting power. I am worried that it's the ram not being compatible or a dud component.

As you can imagine I am gutted it's not working. Any help at all would be incredible. Feeling very frustrated.

Solution
Drivers updated and now running both dimms still saying 2400 despite XMP
Here's where people with AMD builds need to chime in. I've read other posts that suggest manually setting the RAM speed and voltage for their AMD build will work. On my current and last several Intel builds, simply selecting the XMP profile in the BIOS was enough.

I'm glad your system is, for the most part, working now.
Dec 11, 2020
I wish I wasn't. I have followed the video on the instruction manual. Only thing is that I don't have a power led on my case so two pins are left unused. Not sure if this is a problem. I also tried different combinations and nothing.

I wish I wasn't. I have followed the video on the instruction manual. Only thing is that I don't have a power led on my case so two pins are left unused. Not sure if this is a problem. I also tried different combinations and nothing.
I don't think the power led pins are your problem. Just for giggles, have you tried to jump start it? Use a screwdriver to short pins 6 and 8. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, google 'jump start your pc'.

Make sure the 24-pin motherboard power (ATX_PWR1) is fully seated. You might want to take it out and put it back in. It should click? If you do this, you might want to turn the PSU off first.

Also, if your PSU is fully modular, make sure the other end of that cable is fully seated into your PSU.

Dec 11, 2020
All done and no change. No power to the board that I can see. I assume I don't have a comparability problem?

Am I looking at a faulty mother board? The PSU powered up my old system no problem when I tested it.

Dec 11, 2020
Reading that I did rest the board on top of the bag it came it so that could have broken it with static parhaps? I will try this tomorrow and see if it works but I think the board is likely bust.

All stand offs in place and in use. Thank you for your help.

Dec 11, 2020
Sorry my friend. I wish you the best of luck.
After some long shifts at work I have come back to this. Breadboard worked and board turned on. But now it just turns off immediately. Removed the ram and it stayed on. I assume this means the ram will not work with the board? Is there anyway to fix this by updating the bios or any other way? I don't have any different ram to test the system with unfortunately.

Now working. I losened the screws for the fan over the CPU and restarted and it came to life. Now working with both ram in as well.
That's weird. I wouldn't have thought loosening the screws for the CPU heatsink would have made a difference. But hey, what do I know?

While it's working, you might try to connect your monitor and keyboard and see if you can get into the BIOS.

I guess the next step is to put it back in the case, hope it works, and then install Windows.

Dec 11, 2020
Windows up and running although won't work with both ram installed so that's the next problem. Hoping that an update to the bios will solve that problem. Also showing my 3600 ram running at 2400hz in the bios. Getting a ram red light for error when both slots plugged in.