New build, would like second opinions, please.

Markdkr

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
I would like some second opinions, as I am currently in the phase of finding the parts for a new build. My budget is around an 1900$ max, (12.000 DKK).

I had a friend recommend me these parts https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LxmMNN
I plan on using the machine mostly for editing in Premiere Pro and motion effects in After Effects, with the secondary purpose being gaming. I am bringing my harddrives over from my previous build as well.

I'd like some thoughts on the processor primarily, if there is something more suited in the budget range. But also generally on the whole build, if there's something I could consider before making a finale decision, thank you!

jimmyEatWord

Respectable
Mar 10, 2016
well again , , some users will disagree with me but you're using a Ryzen X on a mid range B motherboard , you gotta either use a non X on your B350 mother board or get an X370 motherboard . so that they match completely

Markdkr

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015

I'll add I am not as knowledgable about parts as I'd like to be. So I'm assuming choosing an X370 motherboard to match the Ryzen X, would be the best option performance wise? And if so, would you have any suggestions to one?

Thanks for the fast reply!

jimmyEatWord

Respectable
Mar 10, 2016

well this one

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/dCx9TW/msi-x370-gaming-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-x370-gaming-plus

is closest in price to your current B350 . if you can spend you can get better mobos too , it's a matter of taste . MSI is good just make sure they don't have a big north bridge heatsink

Markdkr

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015

Thank you. I will be sure to take it into account and look through a bit more motherboards, so far I have been using Gigabyte for my current setup, so I didn't have an exact brand in mind, I appreciate it!

Markdkr

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015

I think I'd break budget on that :ouch: It's my only my second build, so perhaps something like that is for the next one ;)