[SOLVED] New Build. Yellow DRAM light and no displah

Nov 19, 2020
I just put together a new build. I have the ASUS X570 PRIME PRO and I’m using Corsair dominator 64gb 3200mhz ram. Everything turns on, lights, fans, cooler, even the rgb on the ram, but I don’t get a display and the yellow DRAM light is on. I’ve tried different ram configurations but idk what else to do

Solution
I have the Ryzen 9 5900X. Idk how to update the bios without the display because I don’t think this mobo has flashback. Also I don’t see my ram on here but was under the impression it was compatible from other websites that have said it was
Unfortunately some vendors lie or don't know and RAM configurators suck. The only trust should be the MB manufacturers QVL list.

64GB at 3200MHz is a tidy ask of the IMC however they should work with the correct Bios timings and voltage.

Try 1 DIMM module in the slot meant for single channel mode to test first and see how you go. Do this to access Bios as without Bios you can't update.

Did you check your kit is listed on the MB QVL? as asked
Is the 64gb 16x4 a single kit or mixed kits...
I just put together a new build. I have the ASUS X570 PRIME PRO and I’m using Corsair dominator 64gb 3200mhz ram. Everything turns on, lights, fans, cooler, even the rgb on the ram, but I don’t get a display and the yellow DRAM light is on. I’ve tried different ram configurations but idk what else to do

You may have a mismatch with your memory modules.
Are your Dominator kit listed on the MB QVL? The P/N.

Here is your QVL: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-X570-PRO/HelpDesk_QVL/
Choose the QVL that corresponds with your CPU.

There is an oficial frequency rating that your CPU supports and beyond that they are OC RAM. OC RAM require manual entry of SPD values to make them work.
It is advisable to update Bios and chipset to the latest version which provide better compatibility for newly released RAM kits.

List the CPU if confused.

Nov 19, 2020
You may have a mismatch with your memory modules.
Are your Dominator kit listed on the MB QVL? The P/N.

Here is your QVL: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-X570-PRO/HelpDesk_QVL/
Choose the QVL that corresponds with your CPU.

There is an oficial frequency rating that your CPU supports and beyond that they are OC RAM. OC RAM require manual entry of SPD values to make them work.
It is advisable to update Bios and chipset to the latest version which provide better compatibility for newly released RAM kits.

List the CPU if confused.
I have the Ryzen 9 5900X. Idk how to update the bios without the display because I don’t think this mobo has flashback. Also I don’t see my ram on here but was under the impression it was compatible from other websites that have said it was

Nov 19, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It's best if you could state the full specs to your build. In fact, you should also mention the slots you've populated the motherboard's ram slots.

ASUS X570 Prime Pro
Ryzen 9 5900X
Corsair Dominator 64GB 3200MHZ (16x4)
Gigabyte Vision 3080
2TB m.2

ive put all the sticks in. I’ve put 1 stick in (all sticks in 1 slot and each stick in each slot), I’ve tried 2 sticks in 1-3 and 2 in 2-4

Unfortunately some vendors lie or don't know and RAM configurators suck. The only trust should be the MB manufacturers QVL list.

64GB at 3200MHz is a tidy ask of the IMC however they should work with the correct Bios timings and voltage.

Try 1 DIMM module in the slot meant for single channel mode to test first and see how you go. Do this to access Bios as without Bios you can't update.

Did you check your kit is listed on the MB QVL? as asked
Is the 64gb 16x4 a single kit or mixed kits?

To update Bios without flashback can be difficult and you may have to use a previous generation CPU as Ryzen 9-5900x is new release.

Solution

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
Looking at the QVL list for the board, they have a lot of 4x32GB and 4x16/2x16GB kits listed at the 3200mhz speed, but without knowing the exact part number on the kit, it may or may not be on there. Here's the link for the list:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...for_AMD_Ryzen_5000_Series_Processors_X570.pdf

The 3200 mhz kits start on page 12 or so. If the memory kits arent on the list, you may need to find a super cheap single 4gb stick from that list to get it up and running, then see if theres a bios update which will fix the issue.

The fact that the DRAM warning light is on along with a failure to POST shows that your issue is almost definitely the RAM.

(oh - and nice specs on the build... two thumbs up!)