Question new building will not boot to windows

Jan 23, 2023
this is a new building. has a ASUS Z690 mother board with intel i9 13900 CPU. I have been thru BIOS and set boot order and checked all I know to check. I can go to EZ mode in BIOS and hit F8 and show boot order drives and then double click on the M.2 with windows boot manager on it and windows opens up and works normal. thanks for your help

kanewolf

Titan
this is a new building. has a ASUS Z690 mother board with intel i9 13900 CPU. I have been thru BIOS and set boot order and checked all I know to check. I can go to EZ mode in BIOS and hit F8 and show boot order drives and then double click on the M.2 with windows boot manager on it and windows opens up and works normal. thanks for your help
A windows install for a previous motherboard has no guarantee of booting. Not surprising that it doesn't boot if you are using a previous install.

If it boots into windows if you use the boot menu then the M2 is not set as the first hard drive in your bios.
There are two lists for boot order, one that just lists device types (hdd/dvd/usb) and a second one that lists multiple choices for each if you have more than one.