New Built PC keeps RESTARTING after new windows install from USB

Ardim

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Hello,

Basically I installed Windows 8.1 Pro from a USB that was made with MediaCreationTool.exe The computer worked and everything was fine. After I installed windows to the SSD, the computer keeps restarting infinitely without showing anything on the screen. My motherboard is gigabyte gaming 7 and cpu is 4690k. I tried unpluging the SSD sata, HDD sata, and even odd sata with no changes. I am wondering what could be the problem as everything was working fine until the installation said that my pc would restart multiple times. Here is the pc part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZNHxjX

Please help me as this is my first time with pc building and fresh windows installation.

Also sorry if I posted in the wrong section as I am kinda new here.

Thank You!

Ardim

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
This is a brand new PC, meaning there was nothing on the hard drives as I received them from NewEgg. Here is a thing I tried now: I switched the SB on the motherboard from Dual BIOS to Single BIOS and the computer no longer restarts, however there is no video nor are the mouse and keyboard working via USB. All the fans seems to be working fine and the lights on the 280x GPU are also on. I tried clearing CMOS but still nothing.

Ardim

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Well I have no way to check that as there is no video coming into the monitor, although my motherboard is rev. 1.0 so there might be a newer version available but even if there is, how would I update the bios as there is no video on the monitor?

Ardim

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Yes, the GPU is connected and the lights are on. The fans are also working. I have tried connected either the GPU to the monitor, motherboard to the monitor, or both. Still no signal. And yes I did change the channels on the monitor from HDMI1, 2, to VGA.

Zack Fowler

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

Nope, I like to know if I helped or not :)

Ardim

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
@ Vic 40

Yes, I did press the reset CMOS button and even jumped the two metal sticks with a screwdriver where it says in the manual that it will reset CMOS. My problem is that there is no video signal, meaning that neither the video card nor the mobo are emitting any signal. There is no POST either. The strange thing is that prior to the install everything worked but now it seems that somehow the mobo might have gotten damaged as I even removed the GPU and still nothing... The computer runs, fans spin, lights are on, but no video, no POST, nothing on the screen at all. Just a black screen...

Ardim

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Well, guess what. I have plugged the cable in the power supply from cpu1 to cpu2 and everything works! Lol, and I even considered RMA'ing the mobo. Looks like the pins the the EVGA power supply CPU1 got damaged. Might have to RMA the power supply instead...

Neur0nauT

Admirable
I wouldn't say that the mobo is damaged just yet. It sounds like one of the CMOS configurations is not agreeing with the system, since you said it posts without the restart on single BIOS mode, but still no signal, would suggest that your GPU is to blame. Do you have an onboard VGA? If so, remove the Graphics card, clear your CMOS again and see if you can boot the system with VGA display, then get the motherboard BIOS updated before anything else.