Build Advice New built PC randomly crashing (PC stays on but no signal to monitor)

Jan 31, 2024
I built a new PC a few days ago and have been experiencing random crashes ever since. The crashes don't occur frequently, and the Windows event logs also show no error.

Crash Description: The PC stays on but the monitor doesn't get any signal, and I cannot turn off the PC using the power button on the case. Even force shutdowns don't work. The only option after that is to toggle the PSU switch off and then the computer turns on normally after toggling the switch back on.

I have tried multiple CPU and GPU stress tests but the tests run smoothly and no crashes occur. The crash is also not related to high-intensity workloads or gaming, it just happens randomly even when the computer is idle. The CPU and GPU temps seem normal as well. No Overclocking has been done on the system. Also ran MemTest86 with 4 passes, with no errors.

Fixes already tried: Reseating the RAM & GPU, Checking and reseating the GPU Power connector, updating chipset and GPU drivers to the latest version with DDU. Also tried lowering the XMP profile to 5000 MT/s from 5200 MT/s. I have also updated to the latest Bluetooth and Wifi drivers from Gigabyte's website. Didn't know where to get the latest USB drivers so uninstalled everything under USB in the Device Manager, so that Windows could update it on restart.

Specs:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M Gaming X AX v1.3
  • RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5200MHz (CMK16GX5M1B5200C40)
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 7600X
  • GPU: Asus Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT
  • PSU: Deepcool PK550D Bronze Non-Modular PSU (550 Watt)
  • SSD: Lexar NM610 PRO 1TB
  • Cooler: Deepcool AG400 Plus Single Tower 120mm CPU Cooler
Kindly help me out if someone has faced any similar issues. I have currently turned off XMP and will update if the crash occurs again.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: Deepcool PK550D Bronze Non-Modular PSU (550 Watt)
+
GPU: Asus Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT
Recommend PSU for the build is 650W per this;

Can you source(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage, reliably built unit to test?

Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M Gaming X AX v1.3
BIOS version for your motherboard?

Jan 31, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: Deepcool PK550D Bronze Non-Modular PSU (550 Watt)
+
GPU: Asus Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT
Recommend PSU for the build is 650W per this;

Can you source(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage, reliably built unit to test?

Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M Gaming X AX v1.3
BIOS version for your motherboard?
The motherboard BIOS version is FA2b. I cannot source another PSU, and I also don't have the budget for a new one :sob:. I have tried disabling Global C states and Low current idle for PSU, will let you know if this fixes the crashes.