[SOLVED] New built. System not starting up. Single Mobo flash.

Oct 4, 2019
I have the following config built recently :

1. Intel core i5 9600k
  2. Mobo : Gigabyte b360 aorus gaming 3 WiFi (supports 9th Gen Intel processors)
  3. Ram DDR4 2400Mhz
  4. Antec a30 cooler
  5. 240gb wd SSD
  6. 1tb wd HDD
  7. 450 w Corsair power supply

My system fails to boot up.
The Mobo lights flash once when the power is turned on and nothing else happens.
No other LED s turn on.

Troubleshooting steps carried out till now :
  1. Checked for Mobo mount for unnecessary spacers -- looks good
  2. Checked psu by shorting green and black wires -- psu works fine
  3. Removed the Mobo and only powered it via 24 pin connector but still the same issue.

Can you please help me troubleshoot and fix the issue... ?

Solution
Oct 4, 2019
I have the following config built recently :

1. Intel core i5 9600k
  2. Mobo : Gigabyte b360 aorus gaming 3 WiFi (supports 9th Gen Intel processors)
  3. Ram DDR4 2400Mhz
  4. Antec a30 cooler
  5. 240gb wd SSD
  6. 1tb wd HDD
  7. 450 w Corsair power supply
My system fails to boot up.
The Mobo lights flash once when the power is turned on and nothing else happens.
No other LED s turn on.

Troubleshooting steps carried out till now :
  1. Checked for Mobo mount for unnecessary spacers -- looks good
  2. Checked psu by shorting green and black wires -- psu works fine
  3. Removed the Mobo and only powered it via 24 pin connector but still the same issue.
Can you please help me troubleshoot and fix the issue... ?
@alexoiu can you please suggest here... ?

Oct 4, 2019
It looks like a short. Try testing the board outside the case, only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. No other wires, or components, Start the board by shortly touching with a screwdriver the 2 pins on board corresponding to the case power button. See if the CPU fan does spin.
Had tested it outside the case as suggested with the 24 and 8 pin connectors but it simply seemed to flash the Mobo lights once.
The fans did not rotate as well...

So does that mean that the board is shorted...? ☹️

I did make sure while placing the Mobo that the mountings were at the right place...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Ask them to update the bios to the latest when getting a new motherboard,just to be sure that has no influence.
Depending on the revision of the cpu can it even need Bios F12.

Also connecting the green+black wire on the psu and fan spinning means that it can power it's own fan but maybe nothing more,so maybe (if you can,form a friend or ..) test with another psu as well.
Which psu? maker+model.

Oct 4, 2019
Ask them to update the bios to the latest when getting a new motherboard,just to be sure that has no influence.
Depending on the revision of the cpu can it even need Bios F12.

Also connecting the green+black wire on the psu and fan spinning means that it can power it's own fan but maybe nothing more,so maybe (if you can,form a friend or ..) test with another psu as well.
Which psu? maker+model.
I went for a Corsair 450w psu and did think maybe it might be underpowered, so have ordered a new 550w psu... Would try that combination and update...

Oct 4, 2019
Assuming that the power supply is not defective, then it looks like a board issue. Try returning it, to be replaced.
Yes, I think that would be better...

As well is the gigabyte b360 Mobo I bought a good choice or should I try some other Mobo...?

Usage would be mostly for data analysis, development, photography and occasional gaming...

Oct 4, 2019
G
Corsair 450watt can be many things. If that pc doesn't have a very power hungry gpu would 450watt be fine,but quality of the psu counts too.

What 550watt psu did you want to buy? And i'm still not sure if it is necessary.
550w from Corsair... Doesn't seem to be a necessity but just want to be sure it's not the psu fault... And in case I plan to go for a graphics card in the near future...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Oh... Sorry for missing that before...
It's the VS series psu...
Try to get something just a little bit better,you spend alot of money on that rig,get a good psu in there if you want to upgrade it. Can look here for recommendations,
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-and-recommended-models-thread.3212332/unread
or say where you are from (guess India or around) and give a max budget. Maybe at Amazon.in ot Newegg.in there will be soemthing to recommend.

Oct 4, 2019
Try to get something just a little bit better,you spend alot of money on that rig,get a good psu in there if you want to upgrade it. Can look here for recommendations,
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-and-recommended-models-thread.3212332/unread
or say where you are from (guess India or around) and give a max budget. Maybe at Amazon.in ot Newegg.in there will be soemthing to recommend.
Thank you for the link... !!

Yes, I am here in India and Corsair was the best psu out of the bunch within budget...
Seasonics are are almost 4-5 times costlier... ☹️

As well the link does not mention the VS series, where should that stand in the series... ?
I will further check to find a better alternate psu...

Thank you again...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Solution