Question New Built System Running very slow

Feb 2, 2023
I have built this pc yesterday. Got some problems at first then figured out some of them. I disabled xmp because when I enable it and save & exit the bios, pc wont boot (black screen).I installed clean windows 11 to my 2tb ssd. First I have set it up no problems. Then it started to give BSOD right after I boot the computer. I fixed this by taking rams out of slots 1-3 and then plugged them to 2-4. Now its fine, no blue screens but PC is running so slow. I cant setup anything. It is taking 5 mins to launch a driver or any other utility setup. Geekbench results are satisfying. Specs:

CPU: i7 12700k
Mainboard: Asus rog b760-f
Ram 2x32gb DDR5
GPU: RTX 3060
2tb ssd only storage

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer to discover what the system is doing (or trying to do) when running so slow.

Note what resources are being used, to what extent ( %), and what is using any given resource.

Likely some app trying to update, backup, or simply phoning home.

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free):

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Use all tools but only one tool at a time.

Launch when the system is normal (not slow). Observe performance.

Then launch a driver, utility, etc. to see what changes when performance slows.

Are both ram sticks from a single matched kit, or are they two different sticks with the same part number?
Ram must be matched to perform properly.

What is the make/model of your psu?

There may be some bios updates needed, they commonly fix ram compatibility issues on a new motherboard.
What is the bios level of your motherboard.

Reactions: rickypicky5
Feb 2, 2023
psu is brand new
Corsair 750W RM Series RM750 80+ Gold

Drive is Kingston NV2 2 TB SNV2S/2000G

I checked it and my cpu not even utilized, rams are not used and seems to be running at 4800mhz

Feb 2, 2023
Are both ram sticks from a single matched kit, or are they two different sticks with the same part number?
Ram must be matched to perform properly.

What is the make/model of your psu?

There may be some bios updates needed, they commonly fix ram compatibility issues on a new motherboard.
What is the bios level of your motherboard.

yes they ara matched. plugged them right after out of the box

Ralston18

Titan
"plugged them right after out of the box "

Some motherboards require that the first physically installed ram stick be placed in a specific slot.

Check the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual to confirm both the required RAM slotting and supported RAM slot configurations.

Likewise doublecheck BIOS for the applicable and supported configuration settings.