Question New case, now no display ?

Sh4dow85

Honorable
Aug 8, 2016
I've been having some CPU overheating issues in my old case - it'd sometimes hit about 78deg when gaming and freeze up for a few seconds. It's an old case and always had airflow issues. Before I buy a new one, I moved everything into a spare case with slightly better airflow to see what difference (if any) it made. Now though, I have no monitor display at all - not even if I revert back to the original case.

Things checked /tested:

• Reseated all cables (mobo, cpu, gpu etc)
  • Reseated gpu and RAM
  • Tested with different PSU
  • Tested with different GPU
  • Tried different monitor (also checked both were powered on!)
  • Applied new thermal paste
  • Transferred everything back into original case as that was last known working state
  • Checked all mobo risers/screw holes
  • Took out all but one stick of RAM, disconnected everything unnecessary including boot drives
  • Removed CMOS battery for 10 mins and replaced
  • Checked CPU pins for damage
  • Took everything out and reassembled on my desk instead of in the case.

The outcome is always the same - everything looks/sounds to power on OK, there are no audible beeps of any sort, and the monitor is just blank with no signal.

Rough specs:
MSI 970 Gaming mobo
AMD FX CPU
Corsair liquid cooler
Corsair DDR3 8GB RAM (x4)
Gigabyte 1050ti (also tried with ASUS GT640)
Integrator 850w PSU (also tried with Coolermaster 650w)

The only thing I've not tried yet is a blood sacrifice, but I'm considering it....

Sh4dow85

Honorable
Aug 8, 2016
You have done just about every troubleshooting idea I could think of. The only thing I can add is to possibly loosen the screws on the cooling plate to cpu to make sure it isnt overtight.

Thanks - cooling plate is OK though, it's secure but it's certainly not overtightened.

Will have to pop it into my local repair shop I guess, see if they can test everything individually and let me know what's wrong 🤔