Question New components cause Asus Anti Surge/reboot

be_ha

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Hello all! I recently upgraded both my psu and video card on my system (motherboard and other components are a bit older). New psu is the ROG Strix 1000w and video card is an msi 3080ti. Previous psu was a Corsair 750w and video card was a 970 Rog Strix. Playing games are great. I can run battlefield perfectly fine without any issues for extended periods of time. Problem arises when I try to bake textures within Marmoset toolbag (I'm a 3d artist). I can create a normal map, but whenever I select more maps to be created (AO, cavity, etc.) My machine shuts down and upon reboot I get a message saying a "power supply surge was detected during the previous power on. Asus Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit." This happens every single time I try to create those other maps within Marmoset.

I've tried a few different things so far (plugging keyboard and mouse into mobo instead of switch among other things) but nothing has worked so far. Wondering if anyone might have any other recommendations to try. Mobo is Asus Maximus Hero VIII.

TIA