[SOLVED] New Computer Build, keep getting BSOD when trying to update or install something

Mar 4, 2019
I just upgraded a buddies gaming computer and since he decided to switch from AMD to Intel, we pretty much built him a new computer. I put everything together Friday and went to boot up the pc and install windows 10 from a USB drive and everything seemed to work properly. Once I got into windows and started messing around trying to update windows and install drivers, the pc started crashing on me with a blue screen. The updates would not install correctly they would just fail, and if i would try to update the video card drivers or install anything else I would get a blue screen Fast forward two long days of a weekend and In still in the same boat. He built the same computer I had so I went through my computer and took out each part at a time and switched it with his computer. always getting the same blue screen crashing when trying to install something or update. I've come to a conclusion that my problem is stemming from Windows, but I am not a computer building expert so I am looking for help because I am at the point where I am going to start ripping my hair out.

My Build and My buddies build are as follows:

I8700k
ASUS rog Z-390E MOBO
16gb gskill trident z rgb ram 3200mhz
EVGA RTX2080 XC
Corsair h100ipro cooler
evga 1000 watt psu
Samsung m.2 for c-drive
windows 10

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

Solution