New computer build keeps freezing when playing games

Jul 16, 2018
[Moderator Note: Moved to Graphics Card category.]

I just gotten a new gpu (gigabyte gtx 1060 3gb) and psu for my pc (plus 16gb ram) once everything was inside and every driver was installed, i tried to test the game on Overwatch. It started out great, i went into a server and two mins in, my pc froze and the only way to solve the issue was to hold the power button to shut it down. I did the same thing again but this time with a different game (CS:GO). Game was running smoothly, but it crashed but not as fast on Overwatch. Repeated process, different game (TF2). Froze in 10 mins. Don’t know how to resolve issue and i would really appreciate help from anyone since i just gotten this yesterday.

Desktop
Processor: AMD A8-7600
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2
Memory: 2x 8 GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM Corsair
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
PSU: Corsair VS650

Jul 16, 2018

What? Edit: I mean what’s the link, i don’t get it?

Masoner

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
I'd suggest you start again with a bit more info and try and form full sentences and paragraphs.

You say you installed your new GPU with a new PSU and some new RAM. Did you check to see if the motherboard you have is compatible with the RAM you bought?

Have you checked to see if the RAM was not seated fully, take it out and push it back in with a bit of force making sure the locks snap on the sides.

Did you uninstalled the old drivers before you installed the new GPU? No?

Use the program Display Driver Uninstaller, let it uninstall the Drivers and then restart the PC. You'll need to put your PC in safe mode first before doing it.

Then download and install the latest drivers from Nvidia not from the manufacture of the card.

Jul 16, 2018

Ok, i just did what you said and i’m going to test it on some games

Supported memory for A8-7600 is DDR3-2133MHz.

Using slower 1600MHz memory may work. Not setting the memory parameters in the BIOS will likely cause it to run even slower at 1333MHz which may cause problems.

I have a vague idea what memory you bought. If you bought modules sold as singles that may be a problem. I suggest running MemTest86.
https://www.memtest86.com/

Jul 16, 2018

Just done testing the gpu and everything works fine, i don’t know if anything will happen in a few days but i’ll keep updating just in case. Thanks for the help

Update: Pc is still crashing, play any game for 1-2 hours and it randomly crashes. I’ve uninstalled old drivers, downloaded the lastest drivers for my gpu ran stress tests on it and everything goes fine but once i play a game after that, 1-2 hours in, the PC crashes. I notice that when i play, the gpu ends up at 50-54C once it crashes