New Computer Crashing To Black Screen Have To Turn Off Power Supply To Restart

Sep 21, 2018
So I just built a new computer and it will work for a bit but the the screen will go black and I am unable to turn off the computer with the power button. Everything is new with the exception of the GPU. Ive already replaced the motherboard. At this point im at a loss as to what could be causing the issue.

Windows 10 Home
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H150i PRO
ASUS ROG Strix X470-F
CORSAIR HXi Series, HX850i, 850 Watt
Samsung 970 500 GB NVMe PCIe M.2
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
EVGA GTX 1070 (old part)

Update: ive swapped out the PSU and it still has the same issue

Update 02: Ive updated the Bios and am still having the same issue

Solution
check your evga gpu there was a firmware and hardware change due ot vrm overheating and failure issue. there video of evga video cards going up in flames. if you can put the ram at 2400 speed and use hardware info see if the 12v rail is holding.
Sep 21, 2018
so i think i may have found the issue. After replacing parts nothing seemed to resolve the issue so i wiped my ssd and hard drive and reinstalled everything. It has crashed to black screen once but in the application logs i received 2 errors regarding corsair/icue.

Faulting application name: Corsair.Service.exe, version: 3.7.0.22, time stamp: 0x5b86786d
Faulting module name: cpuidsdk.dll, version: 1.2.0.7, time stamp: 0x5b327b54
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000573b0
Faulting process id: 0xdb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d458c451385dfe
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\cpuidsdk.dll
Report Id: b33c5b13-4d9a-4f1c-bb38-bd5924a6e63b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: Corsair.Service.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at CpuIdWrapper.Windows8.CpuIdSdkWindows8.RefreshInformation()
at CorsairLink4.Module.CpuIdDevice.CpuIdComponent.VisitSystemInfo(CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.Communication.ISensorVisitor)
at CorsairLink4.Module.CpuIdDevice.CpuIdComponent+<InternalAccept>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[[CorsairLink4.Module.CpuIdDevice.CpuIdComponent+<InternalAccept>d__0, Corsair.Module.CpuIdDevice, Version=3.7.0.22, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<InternalAccept>d__0 ByRef)
at CorsairLink4.Module.CpuIdDevice.CpuIdComponent.InternalAccept(CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.Communication.ISensorVisitor)
at CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseComponent+<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[[CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseComponent+<Accept>d__0, Corsair.Module.Common, Version=3.7.0.22, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<Accept>d__0 ByRef)
at CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseComponent.Accept(CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.Communication.ISensorVisitor)
at CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Core.DevicesMonitor+<>c__DisplayClass55.<AcceptDeviceComponent>b__53()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.TryExecuteTask(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Schedulers.QueuedTaskScheduler.ProcessPrioritizedAndBatchedTasks()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Sep 21, 2018
2 errors in system events

The Corsair Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action (Restart the service) after the unexpected termination of the Corsair Service service, but this action failed with the following error:
An instance of the service is already running.

check your evga gpu there was a firmware and hardware change due ot vrm overheating and failure issue. there video of evga video cards going up in flames. if you can put the ram at 2400 speed and use hardware info see if the 12v rail is holding.

Solution