New computer, first timer, did i do something wrong?

wakeupultra

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
First let me apologize for the format of this post, I don't have the patience for posting online from mobile.

ASUS H110M-A motherboard
Pentium g4400 CPU
Windows 7 64-bit OS
8gb DDR3 RAM

TL;DR I feel like i should reinstall windows.

I built my first computer ever yesterday. There were some bumps along the road but now I am at my wit's end. As I type this, I am trying to figure out why I cannot install drivers onto my new PC. Without USB drivers I can't get it to read anything USB except for my keyboard and mouse, for some reason. And without LAN drivers I cannot go online. At least, that's how I believe those two things work. So that leaves me the CD that came with the motherboard. Whenever I run that CD it constantly says not responding, and in my Task Manager my CPU jumps to 100%. When it feels like it finally has muscled through and says "installation complete" nothing was actually installed. What's weird is that some drivers --have-- installed, like the chipset driver. Because I've ran the installer numerous time I've seen some change from "not installed" to "updated."

Because I've noticed that, I haven't stopped trying. Just now, I went into device manager and "uninstalled" the LAN and USB drivers even though I don't think there are any. But I feel like I'm going about this all wrong.

My original PC was a pre-built Gateway. I kept my HDD and DVD drive. The HDD is not the one that came with the pre-built though (original died.) When I finally plugged everything in I was expecting windows to tell me to slow down and ask where the old CPU and MOBO went, I thought that was how it worked. I dreaded this moment since I've been waiting for all my new PC parts to come in the mail. I have six CDs related to this Gateway Windows. 1 through 4 recovery discs, 1 systems disc, and a language disc. And I wouldn't know where to begin with those. To my surprise when I powered it up Windows started as normal and I logged in and I thought everything was going to be alright. I guess I was wrong.

Writing this out has helped me reorganize my thoughts a bit. Is my hunch correct? reinstall windows? Or is there something else I'm missing? is this even a motherboard issue? Maybe it's the CPU. why is it jumping up to 100% when I run this CD? when I ran a video game that was installed on my HDD without issue? Oh, by the way. I was able to install the GPU drivers from its CD just fine. So I don't know what to do. I don't know anyone in person who could guide me, and I'm hesitant to pay someone that is just going to tell me something is broken and has to be replaced. (Has happened before.) So, help?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Did you activate windows again? Go to "system" and look at the bottom,where it should say "windows is activated" has that changed to a link via which you could activate it again.Reinstalling windows fresh would probably be the better choice though,no old drivers and software.